PDA

View Full Version : 3d mark 01 results why?

Margetts
July 19th 03, 06:56 AM
with:
512Mb SD-RAM
GF4 Ti4400 128mb
P4 1.6Ghz

why am i not seeing results above 4500???

edde
July 19th 03, 06:59 AM
What OS?
What Drivers?
What Motherboard?
What Resolution?
What Video Settings?
What Is Your Favourite Colour?

"Margetts" > wrote in message
> with:
> 512Mb SD-RAM
> GF4 Ti4400 128mb
> P4 1.6Ghz
>
> why am i not seeing results above 4500???

[email protected] writeme.com
July 19th 03, 07:51 AM
On 19 Jul 2003 01:44:08 -0500, tq96 > wrote:

>I had something similar happen the first time I ran 3DMark 2001. It turned
>out that I had FSAA enabled in the driver. I thought that since 3DMark
>said "No AA" that it had turned off the FSAA, but it turns out that the
>application can't override the driver level user settings.

Thats what the "application preference" option is for.

Andrew.

Margetts
July 19th 03, 09:13 AM
*Windows XP Pro
*latest nVidia drivers (downloaded last week)
*unkown motherboard cannot find make/model anywhere in instruction book,
not even the people who made it.
*1280*[email protected]

"edde" > wrote in message
> What OS?
> What Drivers?
> What Motherboard?
> What Resolution?
> What Video Settings?
> What Is Your Favourite Colour?
>
> "Margetts" > wrote in message
> > with:
> > 512Mb SD-RAM
> > GF4 Ti4400 128mb
> > P4 1.6Ghz
> >
> > why am i not seeing results above 4500???

Margetts
July 19th 03, 09:35 AM
sorry i use 1280*[email protected] but the test was run at 1024*[email protected] .. i
just ran it again and got 7391 m just checking the online browser now..
"Margetts" > wrote in message
> *Windows XP Pro
> *latest nVidia drivers (downloaded last week)
> *unkown motherboard cannot find make/model anywhere in instruction
book,
> not even the people who made it.
> *1280*[email protected]
>
> "edde" > wrote in message
> > What OS?
> > What Drivers?
> > What Motherboard?
> > What Resolution?
> > What Video Settings?
> > What Is Your Favourite Colour?
> >
> > "Margetts" > wrote in message
> > > with:
> > > 512Mb SD-RAM
> > > GF4 Ti4400 128mb
> > > P4 1.6Ghz
> > >
> > > why am i not seeing results above 4500???

tq96
July 19th 03, 07:02 PM
>>since 3DMark said "No AA" that it had turned off the FSAA, but it
>>turns out that the application can't override the driver level user
>>settings.
>
> Thats what the "application preference" option is for.

That's true, but there are a lot of games out there that don't know what
FSAA is. I originally thought that setting it in the driver would set a
default for those games, while allowing the other ones to set it.

What I'd really like to see is per-resolution FSAA settings, so I would be
able to set 4x FSAA for low resolutions and lighter ones for higher
resolutions without having to manually change it all the time.

Flow
July 20th 03, 03:13 AM
Your cpu is bottleneck.
Also driver 44.03 should give you optimal performance.

"Margetts" > schreef in bericht
> with:
> 512Mb SD-RAM
> GF4 Ti4400 128mb
> P4 1.6Ghz
>
> why am i not seeing results above 4500???

Margetts
July 20th 03, 03:26 AM
i built the machine myself but when i was picking up the components the
salesman said this new board just came out, great for gaming, same
price... so i swapped but hey i was 14 and wanted to through the 486
so i accepted

all i can find is P4IBAS i will see what a search in google reveals
"J.Clarke" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:13:37 +1000
> "Margetts" > wrote:
>
> > *Windows XP Pro
> > *latest nVidia drivers (downloaded last week)
> > *unkown motherboard cannot find make/model anywhere in instruction
> > book, not even the people who made it.
>
> What is the brand and model of the machine? When it starts up does it
> show any information about brand or model? Are there any markings on
> the board itself--if not a brand or model then at least an FCC ID? In
> Device Manager, under"System Devices" is there anything about Intel,
> Via, or SiS?
>
> > *1280*[email protected]
> >
> > "edde" > wrote in message
> > > What OS?
> > > What Drivers?
> > > What Motherboard?
> > > What Resolution?
> > > What Video Settings?
> > > What Is Your Favourite Colour?

> --John
> Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Margetts
July 20th 03, 05:46 AM
i have the latest drivers and Vice City runs flawlessly

if thats how u spell it?

"edde" > wrote in message
> Actually, according to the tech support of most games, including Vice
City,
> Enter The Matrix, and a couple others, they recommend using the 43.45
> drivers, and staying away from the 44.03's.
>
> "Flow" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Your cpu is bottleneck.
> > Also driver 44.03 should give you optimal performance.
> >
> > "Margetts" > schreef in bericht
> > > with:
> > > 512Mb SD-RAM
> > > GF4 Ti4400 128mb
> > > P4 1.6Ghz
> > >
> > > why am i not seeing results above 4500???

Paul Greer
July 20th 03, 06:37 PM
I have a 1GHz Athlon and get 3000ish 3DMarks with an MX440. I would've said
that his RAM was the bottleneck, although I'm not qualified to rule out the
CPU. Could be either.

news:[email protected]