PDA

View Full Version : MSI FX5900 Mobo Fit

edde
July 16th 03, 11:21 PM
Has anyone had any problems getting the MSI FX5900 to fit in any
motherboards?
I've read that the fan on the back can cause problems with some Northbridge
coolers.

I have an A7N8X Dlxe

Richard Dower
July 17th 03, 04:21 AM
"edde" > wrote in message
> Has anyone had any problems getting the MSI FX5900 to fit in any
> motherboards?
> I've read that the fan on the back can cause problems with some
Northbridge
> coolers.
>
> I have an A7N8X Dlxe

It depends on the board revisions, some the Northbridge at an angle and some
do not.

johndevoy
July 17th 03, 03:50 PM
it fitted on my A7n8x deluxe with plenty of space.

Chasm
July 23rd 03, 01:39 AM
(John Lewis) wrote in message >...
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:50:59 +0100, "johndevoy"
> > wrote:
>
> >it fitted on my A7n8x deluxe with plenty of space.
> >

> Check clearance from the Northbridge. If you are plannning 3rd party
> cooling for the Northbridge, check it out before selecting the video
> card.
>
> Also.......................
>
> Watch out on any Motherboards where the AGP slot occupies the 1st
> rear-panel position with a one-slot gap between it and the 1st
> PCI board.
>
> ( Excellent for video cards without heat-sinks/fans on the back.
> However, many of the current generation of high-performance video
> cards have "cooling solutions" on the rear of the card........... The
> MSI has a large fan on the rear.......... )
>
> The Abit IS7/7-G is one such board. See pix on Abit web-site.
>
> On IS7 very little clearance between some areas on the back of the AGP
> card and the Northbridge+fan. Video card may still fit but needs to be
> checked carefully. Also with the very hot video card so close to the
> Northbridge and CPU there will be unwanted heat in this critical area
> plus some obstruction of the normal air-flow.
>
> John Lewis

Anyone try this card in combination with an ECS K7S6A mobo? Cramped?