PDA

View Full Version : buying a gforce card question ???

CHAD LaPOINTE
July 16th 03, 05:45 PM
i have a first run nvidia Personal Cinema xtasy - everything card
gforce2 mx 400 and onlt reason i bought it was for the tv turner, that
and the ati card i had before was a landmine waiting to go off.

i was looking to upgrade my video card and started to research the
gforce 4 ti and gforce fx. it seems to me that some of the stats are
misleading the
gforce4 ti 4600 is faster than the gforce4 ti 4800se
and both of these are faster than the gforceFX 5200 and very close to
the gforceFX 5600
brands: MSI, chaintech,Gainward, ASUS, etc
so if anyone out their has any good info on witch card would be the
best to get, at around 150-170 let me know

Paul Hansford
July 16th 03, 06:22 PM
I bought a Ti4800SE with VIVO capability(not TV tuner but has video out and
video in for capture) very happy with it from Winfast, comes with loads of
software and been reliable upto now, speed good

Paul

"CHAD LaPOINTE" > wrote in message
> i have a first run nvidia Personal Cinema xtasy - everything card
> gforce2 mx 400 and onlt reason i bought it was for the tv turner, that
> and the ati card i had before was a landmine waiting to go off.
>
> i was looking to upgrade my video card and started to research the
> gforce 4 ti and gforce fx. it seems to me that some of the stats are
> misleading the
> gforce4 ti 4600 is faster than the gforce4 ti 4800se
> and both of these are faster than the gforceFX 5200 and very close to
> the gforceFX 5600
> brands: MSI, chaintech,Gainward, ASUS, etc
> so if anyone out their has any good info on witch card would be the
> best to get, at around 150-170 let me know

Dave
July 16th 03, 11:45 PM
Do you still need a card with a built in tv tuner? Msi has this FX card,
http://www.msi.com.tw/html/newsrelease/product_news/2003_0527_8918.htm
But it looks to be one the cheapie 64 bit cards. Bummer.
Dave