PDA

View Full Version : Gainward or MSI FX5900

edde
July 16th 03, 06:46 AM
I am thinking of either getting the Gainward 1200xp Golden Sample FX5900
128mb Vivo video card, or the MSI FX5900 128mb Vivo card.

ANyone have any recommendations?

I've read the Gainward in one review could reach 498/900 speeds, and the MSI
could reach 500/1000.
Funny since the Gainward are labelled "Golden Sample" you would think they
would clock higher

Courseyauto
July 16th 03, 12:44 PM
<
I am thinking of either getting the Gainward 1200xp Golden Sample FX5900
128mb Vivo video card, or the MSI FX5900 128mb Vivo card.

ANyone have any recommendations?

I've read the Gainward in one review could reach 498/900 speeds, and the MSI
could reach 500/1000.
Funny since the Gainward are labelled "Golden Sample" you would think they
would clock higher>>

All the 5900 cards are maufactured by the same vendor. the only difference is
the sellers chage the fan and the acessories you get with the card you buy.
it's the luck of the draw on how they overclock.
I am going to get the Gainward card myself..

edde
July 16th 03, 04:03 PM
K.
The MSi is only $20 more, but has alot of software with it.

"Courseyauto" > wrote in message
> <
> I am thinking of either getting the Gainward 1200xp Golden Sample FX5900
> 128mb Vivo video card, or the MSI FX5900 128mb Vivo card.
>
> ANyone have any recommendations?
>
> I've read the Gainward in one review could reach 498/900 speeds, and the
MSI
> could reach 500/1000.
> Funny since the Gainward are labelled "Golden Sample" you would think they
> would clock higher>>
>
> All the 5900 cards are maufactured by the same vendor. the only
difference is
> the sellers chage the fan and the acessories you get with the card you
buy.
> it's the luck of the draw on how they overclock.
> I am going to get the Gainward card myself..

Bratboy
July 17th 03, 01:52 PM
Yeah that (the s/w bundle) is going to be the main diff with the high end
cards from what I've been able to tell otherwise just luck of the draw as to
how much this or that one oc's
Just Jess

"edde" > wrote in message
> K.
> The MSi is only $20 more, but has alot of software with it.
>
> "Courseyauto" > wrote in message
> > <
> > I am thinking of either getting the Gainward 1200xp Golden Sample FX5900
> > 128mb Vivo video card, or the MSI FX5900 128mb Vivo card.
> >
> > ANyone have any recommendations?
> >
> > I've read the Gainward in one review could reach 498/900 speeds, and the
> MSI
> > could reach 500/1000.
> > Funny since the Gainward are labelled "Golden Sample" you would think
they
> > would clock higher>>
> >
> > All the 5900 cards are maufactured by the same vendor. the only
> difference is
> > the sellers chage the fan and the acessories you get with the card you
> buy.
> > it's the luck of the draw on how they overclock.
> > I am going to get the Gainward card myself..

snark
July 17th 03, 03:46 PM
Id say Gainward - gives u +15% Mhz with garanty - overclocking results
depend on the card itself - there is not much the manufactor can do about
that

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:46:42 -0500, edde >
wrote:

> I am thinking of either getting the Gainward 1200xp Golden Sample FX5900
> 128mb Vivo video card, or the MSI FX5900 128mb Vivo card.
>
> ANyone have any recommendations?
>
> I've read the Gainward in one review could reach 498/900 speeds, and the
> MSI
> could reach 500/1000.
> Funny since the Gainward are labelled "Golden Sample" you would think
> they
> would clock higher

John Lewis
July 17th 03, 08:04 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:46:42 -0500, "edde"
> wrote:

>I am thinking of either getting the Gainward 1200xp Golden Sample FX5900
>128mb Vivo video card, or the MSI FX5900 128mb Vivo card.

Make sure that the MSI FX5900 will physically fit in your system !!
If I recall correctly, it has a large fan on the rear that might
interfere with the Northbridge or other MB components, particularly
if 3rd-party cooling devices have been added...........

John Lewis