PDA

View Full Version : How do I set audio source for Premiere capture?

Anon
July 14th 03, 06:00 PM
Hi, I'm capturing in Adobe Premiere 6 using the NVIDIA Personal Cinema
GeForce4 MMX 440. The video goes in via the WDM capture driver, and the
audio in via the Sound Blaster audio Line In. However, in Premiere there
doesn't seem to be any way to set the audio input source for recording. As
a result I get a captured video with no sound. How do I do this?

Thanks.

thrillcat
July 14th 03, 07:40 PM
Not sure, but you may just need to select the line in source in your Winodws
Mixer. Make sure Line In is selcted and turned up...

"Anon" > wrote in message
> Hi, I'm capturing in Adobe Premiere 6 using the NVIDIA Personal Cinema
> GeForce4 MMX 440. The video goes in via the WDM capture driver, and the
> audio in via the Sound Blaster audio Line In. However, in Premiere there
> doesn't seem to be any way to set the audio input source for recording.
As
> a result I get a captured video with no sound. How do I do this?
>
> Thanks.

Anon
July 14th 03, 09:31 PM
Done that, but Premiere needs to know where to look to record from, but it
doesn't so it records nothing. I can hear the audio when I play the video,
but it isn't recorded. Windows Movie Maker and MGI VideoWave allow me to
select this. Premiere doesn't (seem to).

"thrillcat" > wrote in message
> Not sure, but you may just need to select the line in source in your
Winodws
> Mixer. Make sure Line In is selcted and turned up...
>

> "Anon" > wrote in message
> > Hi, I'm capturing in Adobe Premiere 6 using the NVIDIA Personal Cinema
> > GeForce4 MMX 440. The video goes in via the WDM capture driver, and the
> > audio in via the Sound Blaster audio Line In. However, in Premiere
there
> > doesn't seem to be any way to set the audio input source for recording.
> As
> > a result I get a captured video with no sound. How do I do this?
> >
> > Thanks.

Tim Mitchell
July 15th 03, 12:51 PM
In article >, Anon
> writes
>Hi, I'm capturing in Adobe Premiere 6 using the NVIDIA Personal Cinema
>GeForce4 MMX 440. The video goes in via the WDM capture driver, and the
>audio in via the Sound Blaster audio Line In. However, in Premiere there
>doesn't seem to be any way to set the audio input source for recording. As
>a result I get a captured video with no sound. How do I do this?

You need to set the preferred audio recording device in Windows Control
Panel / Multimedia.

There is no setting in Premiere for this.
--
Tim Mitchell