PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia chipset and Motherboard chipset

July 9th 03, 05:23 PM
Is there a list somewhere as to what video card chipsets and what
motherboard shipsets are incompatible. I have a Eagle GeForce FX 5200,
it works fine in my board, but refuses to boot in a friend's system.

Is there a matrix for many video cards and chipsets showing
compatibility?

John Lewis
July 9th 03, 08:54 PM
On 9 Jul 2003 09:23:08 -0700, wrote:

>Is there a list somewhere as to what video card chipsets and what
>motherboard shipsets are incompatible. I have a Eagle GeForce FX 5200,
>it works fine in my board, but refuses to boot in a friend's system.

Your friends system may be old enough to have 3.3V AGP.
Never plug a AGP video card into any MB without
determining from the MB manufacturer's manual or
web-site that the AGP version on the motherboard
is compatible with the AGP version on the card.
Otherwise potentially permanently dead card and/or
motherboard..............

John Lewis