asus A7N8X deluxe
amd 2400+
512 Mo DDR
asus nvidia geFroce FX 5200

windows XP pro SP1
Direct X 8.1
all lastest drivers
all windows update patches installed

I'm having problems in windows and in games using directX

- in windows :
start menu elements appear all scrambled from time to time or they don't
disappear when they're supposed to

- in games :
games stop responding for few seconds or completely hang

An idea ?

Zelou

John Lynch, Jr.
July 8th 03, 02:42 PM
"zelou" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> here's my configuration :
>
> asus A7N8X deluxe
> amd 2400+
> 512 Mo DDR
> asus nvidia geFroce FX 5200
>
> windows XP pro SP1
> Direct X 8.1
> all lastest drivers
> all windows update patches installed
>

> I'm having problems in windows and in games using directX
>
> - in windows :
> start menu elements appear all scrambled from time to time or they don't
> disappear when they're supposed to
>
> - in games :
> games stop responding for few seconds or completely hang
>
> An idea ?
>
> Zelou

Upgrade to DirectX 9.0a

Damien
July 10th 03, 03:26 PM
I am sure you have tried this but do you have directx 9 and the latest
drivers. I dont recommend downloading the updating the driver from
microsoft. I have had multiple problems after updating drivers from
microsoft at work so I would only download it from nvidia.

Damien

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:22:30 +0200, "zelou" > wrote:

>Hi
>
>here's my configuration :
>
>asus A7N8X deluxe
>amd 2400+
>512 Mo DDR
>asus nvidia geFroce FX 5200
>
>windows XP pro SP1
>Direct X 8.1
>all lastest drivers
>all windows update patches installed
>

>I'm having problems in windows and in games using directX
>
>- in windows :
>start menu elements appear all scrambled from time to time or they don't
>disappear when they're supposed to
>
>- in games :
>games stop responding for few seconds or completely hang
>
>An idea ?
>
>Zelou

John Lewis
July 11th 03, 12:03 AM
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:22:30 +0200, "zelou" > wrote:

>Hi
>
>here's my configuration :
>
>asus A7N8X deluxe
>amd 2400+
>512 Mo DDR
>asus nvidia geFroce FX 5200
>
>windows XP pro SP1
>Direct X 8.1
>all lastest drivers
>all windows update patches installed
>

>I'm having problems in windows and in games using directX

Have you run DxDiag ?

>- in windows :
>start menu elements appear all scrambled from time to time or they don't
>disappear when they're supposed to

99% of Windows display problems have nothing to do with Direct X.

Do any normal Windows apps (e.g: MS Office suite ) EVER
crash, hang or scramble the graphics ?

Also does it in Safe mode ?

Overclocking ?

Run any memory tests recently ?

>- in games :
>games stop responding for few seconds or completely hang

Find the root-cause for the scrambled Windows elements and fix the
problem before chasing this Will-o-the-Wisp.

John Lewis