PDA

View Full Version : I've decided - MSI FX5900U

Richard Dower
July 6th 03, 04:45 PM
I reviewed all the available ultra cards on the market right now, while some
other models do have the default memory clock at 900MHz i felt the MSI card
had what i wanted.

450/850...copper core, two fans, 256MB memory and an excellent software
package.

So i am gonna go with this one...i'll just o/c the memory to 900MHz and
everything will be dandy.

I expect not to even attempt an graphics card upgrade for at least 2 years,
it's gonna set me back 600 Euro.

Comments? (besdides the fact i'm mad)

__________________________________________________ ________________ Richard
Dower ICQ#: 114343804 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Richard Dower
July 6th 03, 05:08 PM
"Morgan" > wrote in message
> > Comments? (besdides the fact i'm mad)
> ^^^^^^^
>
> Well you could add dyslexic as well ;-)

lol...touche.

Martin Eriksson
July 6th 03, 05:59 PM
"Richard Dower" > wrote in message
> I reviewed all the available ultra cards on the market right now, while
some
> other models do have the default memory clock at 900MHz i felt the MSI
card
> had what i wanted.
>
> 450/850...copper core, two fans, 256MB memory and an excellent software
> package.
>
> So i am gonna go with this one...i'll just o/c the memory to 900MHz and
> everything will be dandy.
>
> I expect not to even attempt an graphics card upgrade for at least 2
years,
> it's gonna set me back 600 Euro.
>
> Comments? (besdides the fact i'm mad)

Not really. You're welcome back in two years!

My GF4 Ti4200 64MB has lasted for one year now and I'm actually planning to
let it last for two years more when I'll upgrade everything to the
almost-latest stuff at that point in time (probably some kind of Athlon 64
and whatever videocard.. who knows, maybe nVidia is owned by ATI then..
hehe).

/M

Roger Squires
July 7th 03, 12:02 AM
> My GF4 Ti4200 64MB has lasted for one year now and I'm actually planning
> let it last for two years more when I'll upgrade everything to the
> almost-latest stuff at that point in time (probably some kind of Athlon 64

I think 2years will be way too long to wait, in one year pci-x
motherboards will be common. A 4200 would be what, 4years old at that
point?

rms

AnybodyŽ
July 8th 03, 05:14 AM
> How I fixed my noisy IBM drive
> www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk
LOL now thats good!

Ron Merts
July 8th 03, 06:57 AM
Except the MSI Geforce FX 5900 Ultra board only has 1 fan, it looks like
every other GeForce FX 5900 Ultra with the black heatsink/fan combo. The
MSI GeForce FX 5900 (non-ultra) has the fan on front with a big copper
heatsink and a fan on the back side of the card. The Ultra loos like it
does because nVidia basically told all of the manufacturers they would be
using the "reference" card for now to ensure quality control on this release
of the 5900 Ultra card. The only difference between the MSI GeForce FX 5900
Ultra and say the eVGA version is the box it comes in (which the MSI box
wins the "Biggest packaging category" and the sticker in the middle of the
fan on the heatsink which denotes it's from MSI.

Ron