PDA

View Full Version : Low-cost card without a fan?

Nobody
July 5th 03, 07:34 PM
I don't do much gaming; almost none, in fact. But I do need a new
card. I'd like to get something cheap ($50-100) but noise is an
issue, so I'd prefer one without a fan.

Are there any decent cards out there that can play some games like
Medal of Honor, but don't use a fan?

Thanks.

Slipstream3D
July 8th 03, 10:47 PM
AKA any Geforce FX 5200 without a fan :)
"AnybodyŽ" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Asus V9520 Magic
> http://usa.asus.com/products/vga/v9520m/overview.htm
>
> "Nobody" > wrote in message
> > I don't do much gaming; almost none, in fact. But I do need a new
> > card. I'd like to get something cheap ($50-100) but noise is an
> > issue, so I'd prefer one without a fan.
> >
> > Are there any decent cards out there that can play some games like
> > Medal of Honor, but don't use a fan?
> >
> > Thanks.

AnybodyŽ
July 9th 03, 04:12 AM
yup :)
"Slipstream3D" > wrote in message
. ca...
> AKA any Geforce FX 5200 without a fan :)
> "AnybodyŽ" > wrote in message
> le.rogers.com...
> > Asus V9520 Magic
> > http://usa.asus.com/products/vga/v9520m/overview.htm
> >
> > "Nobody" > wrote in message
> > > I don't do much gaming; almost none, in fact. But I do need a new
> > > card. I'd like to get something cheap ($50-100) but noise is an
> > > issue, so I'd prefer one without a fan.
> > >
> > > Are there any decent cards out there that can play some games like
> > > Medal of Honor, but don't use a fan?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

Eddie Grant
July 9th 03, 08:20 PM
I've got a Geforce 2 MX400 64mb card that doesn't have a fan but can still
even run the latest games (at medium detail, 1024x768), not a top end card
(far off) but its cheap and will run games 'relatively' well.
It can handle MOHAA easily at max graphics (1024x768)