PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't Direct 3d work with win98?

Brett Johnston
July 5th 03, 04:27 PM
I got a Geforce 2, latest drivers for it, latest directx, but I can't get
direct 3d enabled in directx diagnostics. Must I upgrade to XP? I can't
think of what else to do.

Morgan Sales
July 5th 03, 05:01 PM
Brett Johnston wrote:
> I got a Geforce 2, latest drivers for it, latest directx, but I can't
> get direct 3d enabled in directx diagnostics. Must I upgrade to XP? I
> can't think of what else to do.

Check that you have installed the AGP port drivers that came with your
motherboard.

--
Morgan.
------

Brett Johnston
July 6th 03, 01:59 PM
I think you could be right there but ... I don't have the m/b disk anymore.
Asus only have bios update for the board. Best thing would be to update to
xp but it's my Dad's computer and he's too attached to win98. Thx anyway.

Shepİ
July 6th 03, 02:04 PM
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:59:26 GMT, In this world we created "Brett
Johnston" > wrote :

>I think you could be right there but ... I don't have the m/b disk anymore.
>Asus only have bios update for the board. Best thing would be to update to
>xp but it's my Dad's computer and he's too attached to win98. Thx anyway.

Go to the mother board chip set site.You should find an updated AGP
driver there.My ECS board has the drivers on their site but also so do
SIS who make the chip set.
HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,