PDA

View Full Version : DVI colors all wrong with latest drivers - dvi.jpg (0/1)

Gary Quiring
July 5th 03, 02:13 PM
I still cannot upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers after 6 months.

My system is a GeForce 3 TI200 with a Dell 1900FP. I am using a KT400
chipset, Athlon 2100XP, 1gig ram, Windows XP-SP1. I just tried the
44.03 drivers. If I use the drivers from Microsoft Windows update they
work fine.

Anytime I download the latest drivers from Nvidia my display colors go
all weird with the DVI interface. I have the Dell 1900 monitor
profile loaded. I am running the native resolution for the monitor.
I have also tried other resolutions, 16 bit mode and nothing changes.

I have formatted the system, moved the monitor to a different system
(GeForce 4/4200) and get the same results.

I have enclosed a picture of my color problem.

Thanks
Gary Quiring

Gary Quiring
July 5th 03, 02:51 PM
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:38:49 +0100, "Morgan" > wrote:

>First of all not many people will be able to see your attachment as ISP's
>often delete binaries when posted to a non-binary newsgroup. Also it is
>generally frowned upon in doing so. Not everyone has a fast connection and
>111kb attachments can make a big difference. If you can upload the pictures
>to a website and provide a link that should offer a solution.
>
>However of the three News Servers I use 1 does seem to let binaries through
>and on looking at the sample I would have to say...
>
>What is wrong with it...? You mention a colour problem and yet, from what I
>can see, there does not appear to be a problem..!!! Maybe the screen grab
>that you uploaded does not illustrate what you mean very well, but don't be
>encouraged to upload another please :)
>
>If your drivers work fine with the Windows Update then why bother as the
>difference with your card and the latest reference drivers are going to be
>so marginal but like I have said I can't see a problem - maybe someone else
>will..???

The drivers from MS don't work with programs like PinMAME. What I did
not realize is the picture looks fine on a display that is working
correctly.

Martin Eriksson
July 5th 03, 03:34 PM
"Gary Quiring" > wrote in message
> I still cannot upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers after 6 months.
>
> My system is a GeForce 3 TI200 with a Dell 1900FP. I am using a KT400
> chipset, Athlon 2100XP, 1gig ram, Windows XP-SP1. I just tried the
> 44.03 drivers. If I use the drivers from Microsoft Windows update they
> work fine.
>
> Anytime I download the latest drivers from Nvidia my display colors go
> all weird with the DVI interface. I have the Dell 1900 monitor
> profile loaded. I am running the native resolution for the monitor.
> I have also tried other resolutions, 16 bit mode and nothing changes.

Have you tried running "Plug and Play" monitor instead?

/M

Gary Quiring
July 6th 03, 12:02 AM
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:34:15 +0200, "Martin Eriksson"
> wrote:

>"Gary Quiring" > wrote in message
>> I still cannot upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers after 6 months.
>>
>> My system is a GeForce 3 TI200 with a Dell 1900FP. I am using a KT400
>> chipset, Athlon 2100XP, 1gig ram, Windows XP-SP1. I just tried the
>> 44.03 drivers. If I use the drivers from Microsoft Windows update they
>> work fine.
>>
>> Anytime I download the latest drivers from Nvidia my display colors go
>> all weird with the DVI interface. I have the Dell 1900 monitor
>> profile loaded. I am running the native resolution for the monitor.
>> I have also tried other resolutions, 16 bit mode and nothing changes.
>
>Have you tried running "Plug and Play" monitor instead?
>
>/M

Here is a link to a photo I took of what my colors look like. I
removed the Dell 1900 driver but am not prompted to change the monitor
now. The button is not active.

http://emco4.emcosales.com/downloads/DVI-Problem.jpg

Gary Quiring
July 6th 03, 12:29 AM
On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:02:34 GMT, Gary Quiring >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:34:15 +0200, "Martin Eriksson"
> wrote:
>
>>"Gary Quiring" > wrote in message
>>> I still cannot upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers after 6 months.
>>>
>>> My system is a GeForce 3 TI200 with a Dell 1900FP. I am using a KT400
>>> chipset, Athlon 2100XP, 1gig ram, Windows XP-SP1. I just tried the
>>> 44.03 drivers. If I use the drivers from Microsoft Windows update they
>>> work fine.
>>>
>>> Anytime I download the latest drivers from Nvidia my display colors go
>>> all weird with the DVI interface. I have the Dell 1900 monitor
>>> profile loaded. I am running the native resolution for the monitor.
>>> I have also tried other resolutions, 16 bit mode and nothing changes.
>>
>>Have you tried running "Plug and Play" monitor instead?
>>
>>/M
>>
>Here is a link to a photo I took of what my colors look like. I
>removed the Dell 1900 driver but am not prompted to change the monitor
>now. The button is not active.
>
>http://emco4.emcosales.com/downloads/DVI-Problem.jpg

Ok I got the Plug&Play loaded, same problem.

Jez McAllister
July 6th 03, 01:59 AM
Hi there Gray..I to had very simela probs as you on my old set up (MSI K7T
PRO, GeForce4 440mx 64MB DDR TVOUT ECT ECT). When ever i downloaded latest
drivers and installed them i had many probs (some like yours and others
different from yours). I spent ages trying to be able to use latest nvidia
drivers ( i did everything you can think of). Eventualy what solved the prob
for me was flashing my bios and its couldnt be easyer with a MSI M/B when
you use there util to do it..After flashing my bios i was able to use all
latest updates from nvidia no probs @ all. I now have a MSI K7N2 DELTA and
have no probs @ all in any way at all :-) Hope this helps sort you out as
theres nothing more anoying than being unable to use latest drivers
(expecialy if your into gaming as i am, and also some of the money we pay
for a video card goes towards driver updates anyway).
"Gary Quiring" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:02:34 GMT, Gary Quiring >
> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:34:15 +0200, "Martin Eriksson"
> > wrote:

> >>Have you tried running "Plug and Play" monitor instead?
> >>
> >>/M
> >>
> >Here is a link to a photo I took of what my colors look like. I
> >removed the Dell 1900 driver but am not prompted to change the monitor
> >now. The button is not active.
> >
> >http://emco4.emcosales.com/downloads/DVI-Problem.jpg
> >
> Ok I got the Plug&Play loaded, same problem.

Gary Quiring
July 8th 03, 12:51 AM
On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:13:49 GMT, Gary Quiring >
wrote:

>I still cannot upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers after 6 months.
>
>My system is a GeForce 3 TI200 with a Dell 1900FP. I am using a KT400
>chipset, Athlon 2100XP, 1gig ram, Windows XP-SP1. I just tried the
>44.03 drivers. If I use the drivers from Microsoft Windows update they
>work fine.
>
>Anytime I download the latest drivers from Nvidia my display colors go
>all weird with the DVI interface. I have the Dell 1900 monitor
>profile loaded. I am running the native resolution for the monitor.
>I have also tried other resolutions, 16 bit mode and nothing changes.
>
>I have formatted the system, moved the monitor to a different system
>(GeForce 4/4200) and get the same results.
>
>I have enclosed a picture of my color problem.
>
>Thanks
>Gary Quiring

Finally solved my problem. Everything works great now with the latest
44.03 drivers!!!

My GeForce 3 card had bios 3.20.00.16.23. I found some interesting
articles on Google with MANY Geforce 3 problems with DVI. I finally
found some reference bios from Nvidia that did the trick. I am now
running 3.20.00.18.

Gary Quiring

Martin Eriksson
July 8th 03, 08:23 PM
"Gary Quiring" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:13:49 GMT, Gary Quiring >
> wrote:
>
> >I still cannot upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers after 6 months.
> >
> >My system is a GeForce 3 TI200 with a Dell 1900FP. I am using a KT400
> >chipset, Athlon 2100XP, 1gig ram, Windows XP-SP1. I just tried the
> >44.03 drivers. If I use the drivers from Microsoft Windows update they
> >work fine.
> >
> >Anytime I download the latest drivers from Nvidia my display colors go
> >all weird with the DVI interface. I have the Dell 1900 monitor
> >profile loaded. I am running the native resolution for the monitor.
> >I have also tried other resolutions, 16 bit mode and nothing changes.
> >
> >I have formatted the system, moved the monitor to a different system
> >(GeForce 4/4200) and get the same results.
> >
> >I have enclosed a picture of my color problem.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Gary Quiring
> >
> Finally solved my problem. Everything works great now with the latest
> 44.03 drivers!!!
>
> My GeForce 3 card had bios 3.20.00.16.23. I found some interesting
> articles on Google with MANY Geforce 3 problems with DVI. I finally
> found some reference bios from Nvidia that did the trick. I am now
> running 3.20.00.18.

Ok.. This is actually very nice to know.

/M