PDA

View Full Version : FX 5200 and Vice City

Bobby
July 5th 03, 01:53 PM
I recently upgraded from an MX440 to an FX5200 and Vice City isn't working.
The graphics go crazy about 5-10 minutes into the game. Colors splash across
the screen (like bit shreds of glass) and the game become unplayable. It was
fine (if a little slow) on my MX card. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Bobby

jhgd
July 5th 03, 03:09 PM
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 13:53:33 +0100, "Bobby" > wrote:

-I recently upgraded from an MX440 to an FX5200 and Vice City isn't
working.
-The graphics go crazy about 5-10 minutes into the game. Colors splash
across
-the screen (like bit shreds of glass) and the game become unplayable. It
was
-fine (if a little slow) on my MX card. Any ideas?
-
-Cheers.
-
-Bobby
-
It a compatibilty problem with the fx5200 card just go to this link.
maybe it will help.
http://www.take2games.com/index.php?p=support&product=156,3,Grand%20Theft%20Auto:%20Vice%20City, PC,Rockstar_Games,gtavc&section=patches

Bobby
July 11th 03, 06:47 PM
Latest driver has cured the problem.

"Bobby" > wrote in message
> I recently upgraded from an MX440 to an FX5200 and Vice City isn't
working.
> The graphics go crazy about 5-10 minutes into the game. Colors splash
across
> the screen (like bit shreds of glass) and the game become unplayable. It
was
> fine (if a little slow) on my MX card. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bobby

HamMan
July 11th 03, 07:48 PM
"Bobby" > wrote in message
> Latest driver has cured the problem.
>
> "Bobby" > wrote in message
> > I recently upgraded from an MX440 to an FX5200 and Vice City isn't
> working.
> > The graphics go crazy about 5-10 minutes into the game. Colors splash
> across
> > the screen (like bit shreds of glass) and the game become unplayable. It
> was
> > fine (if a little slow) on my MX card. Any ideas?
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Bobby

I know you sorted the porblem, but i find it a little odd that Vice City
wouldnt play at full graphics on an MX440.

I can get the graphics maxed out at 1024x768 (My TFT doesnt go any higher
anyway) on my AOpen MX440

Bobby
July 12th 03, 07:14 PM
It worked fine on my MX. It didn't work on my FX.