PDA

View Full Version : Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Shepİ
July 4th 03, 09:05 PM
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 14:14:21 +0100, In this world we created Terry
Pinnell > wrote :

>I've been getting increasingly frequent crashes of my Windows XP Home
>PC in recent months. Complete and abrupt shut down, with the cryptic,
>daunting Error 'Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. I can't
>pin down what causes it, because there are always several major
>programs running at the time, including MSIE6, Agent, TextPad, Snagit,
>etc, apart from the OS itself. But, FWIW, I'm always online at the
>time.
>
>I'm wondering if this might be a graphics card issue?
>
>CPU = AMD Athlon XP1800+ with 512MB PC2100 DDR memory, m/b = ASUS
>A7A266-E,System Chipset = M1647 ALiMAGiK 1 AGP System Controller,
>graphics = 64MB NVidia Geforce2 MX, sound = Sound Blaster 5.1 Audio
>with Dolby surround and Creative Four Point Surround (FPS1600), modem
>= Conexant CXT1035 - HCF 56k v90 (internal), printer = Lexmark Z23,
>scanner = Umax AstraSlim 3400 USB.

Try setting the pagefile.sys on your system drive to a minimum of 50
meg and a max of say 300 for now.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Terry Pinnell
July 5th 03, 08:28 AM
Shepİ > wrote:

>Try setting the pagefile.sys on your system drive to a minimum of 50
>meg and a max of say 300 for now.

Thanks. Actually, I was surprised to find that i *hadn't* still got a
min and max set, as I certainly used to. It's apparently presently
system managed, with 767 MB specified.

But when I tried to change it, I got this:

"If the pagefile on volume C: has an initial size of less than 511
megabytes, then the system may not be able to create a debugging
information file if a STOP error occurs. Continue anyway?"

For moment, I've backed out. Any thoughts please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Shepİ
July 5th 03, 08:15 PM
On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:28:21 +0100, In this world we created Terry
Pinnell > wrote :

>Shepİ > wrote:
>
>>Try setting the pagefile.sys on your system drive to a minimum of 50
>>meg and a max of say 300 for now.
>
>Thanks. Actually, I was surprised to find that i *hadn't* still got a
>min and max set, as I certainly used to. It's apparently presently
>system managed, with 767 MB specified.
>
>But when I tried to change it, I got this:
>
>"If the pagefile on volume C: has an initial size of less than 511
>megabytes, then the system may not be able to create a debugging
>information file if a STOP error occurs. Continue anyway?"
>
>For moment, I've backed out. Any thoughts please?

Ignore this and disable the de-bugging as it's useless anyway.
Big XP tune up site,
http://www.winxpfix.com/

HTH :)

--