PDA

View Full Version : Composite video out

Ralph Newburgh
July 4th 03, 08:03 PM
I'm looking for a decent video card with composite tv-out (RCA jacks, and
not s-video). It should be around $60-80 (online, of course).

I've looked around and found some GeForce4 MX440's w/64mb for $45-55 on
pricewatch.com. Are these too old to run anything even remotely current?
I've been away from the video card scene for a while, and have no standards
by which to judge newer cards by.

If it is too old, would anyone recommend any other card that has composite
video out? I currently have a TNT2, and my motherboard supports AGP up to
4X.

Hawk
July 4th 03, 09:38 PM
"Ralph Newburgh" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a decent video card with composite tv-out (RCA jacks, and
> not s-video). It should be around $60-80 (online, of course).

I know that you specified no S-video...but you can buy an (S-video <=>
Composite) adapter for $20. Thats what I use if I have to connect to a
device without S-Video....works great.

(*>

yeeyoh
July 4th 03, 10:08 PM
If your motherboard and ram set up is fast enough you'll get some use out
of the GeForce4 MX440's w/64mb you mentioned. The Agp version has a 2x
(maybe even a 4x) version and a 128mb version for not much more.
It's a great card. I think it might fall behind in a year or so
though....

"Hawk" > wrote in message

> "Ralph Newburgh" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking for a decent video card with composite tv-out (RCA jacks,
and
> > not s-video). It should be around $60-80 (online, of course).
> >

> I know that you specified no S-video...but you can buy an (S-video <=>
> Composite) adapter for $20. Thats what I use if I have to connect to a
> device without S-Video....works great.
>
> (*>

adam
July 5th 03, 06:36 AM
"yeeyoh" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> If your motherboard and ram set up is fast enough you'll get some use
out
> of the GeForce4 MX440's w/64mb you mentioned. The Agp version has a 2x
> (maybe even a 4x) version and a 128mb version for not much more.
> It's a great card. I think it might fall behind in a year or so
> though....

<snip>

should an ASUS P4PE w/512 mb ddr 2700 ram be fine? (cpu = 2.67 GHz
pentiumIV) ... I've had some kind of rare to occasionaly problems with a bit
of jerkiness in BF1942, and I'm using the GF4 MX440 (64mb PCI version).

Strontium
July 5th 03, 06:59 AM
I think that if you migrate over to the AGP version, you will not have any
problems. The MSI 64MB MX440SE, AGP, worked just fine for me. Of course,
I got tired of not being able to do certain stuff in hardware, so I took
the chance and popped my GF3 Ti200 in there :) This card fried 3 CMOS
chips, on the Asus P4C800 board, which is why I was leary. You have
adequate memory and CPU power.

-

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

adam
July 5th 03, 07:50 AM
oh ok, thanks. So even AGP 4x will give an improvement over PCI? Because 4x
is the max. my mobo can do. I'll keep a look out on eBay for a new vid card
then!