PDA

View Full Version : Win2K + Geforce 3 Ti 200 --> Shutdown = KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_ERROR nv4_mini.sys

Jean-Luc NGUYEN
July 4th 03, 01:23 PM
Each time I shutdown my computer, or I try to reboot, I have this message
error:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xF868C514, 0x00000000, 0x0000001C)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

*** Address F868C514 base at F8657000, DateStamp 3d6bb1ce - nv4_mini.sys

It happens with all 4*.** nvidia drivers
I tried very old drivers (2*.**) and it doesn't happen with them.

Any body ever had this trouble?

Jean-Luc NGUYEN
July 5th 03, 10:17 AM
I installed sp4 and all latest drivers on my computer.

Still the same problem

Any other idea?

"Beowulf" > a écrit dans le message de
> Are you running the latest service pack? This popped up occasionay on
> some of the drivers on my system with sp2 and the det 30s. It went away
> with sp3. (I also just noticed that sp4 is out) Can't remember what
> the reason was...you might want the check out microsoft's knowledge base
> (do a search for "KMODE_EXCEPTION")
>
> Jean-Luc NGUYEN wrote:
>
> >Each time I shutdown my computer, or I try to reboot, I have this message
> >error:
> >
> >*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xF868C514, 0x00000000, 0x0000001C)
> >KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
> >
> >*** Address F868C514 base at F8657000, DateStamp 3d6bb1ce - nv4_mini.sys
> >
> >It happens with all 4*.** nvidia drivers
> >I tried very old drivers (2*.**) and it doesn't happen with them.
> >
> >Any body ever had this trouble?

Beowulf
July 5th 03, 09:47 PM
Wel,l, I guess we'll have to do the the hard way. These steps are
adapted from MS article on troubleshooting KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
issues:
1. unplus and uninstal ALL hardware - leave only IDE devices CPU, mobo,
kb and mouse (PS/2 - NOT USB)
2. uninstal nvidia drivers and set vid to std VGA.
3. boot into safe mode and check for any phantom devices and delete them.
4. reboot - at this point you should be able to shutdown/restart properly.
5. starting with vid card, install the latest manuacturer's driver
6. If everything is OK, install your hardware ONE by ONE.

here's a tip that dates back to the dawn of the geforce,
install latest chipset/mobo drivers, reboot THEN dx 8 or 9, reboot THEN
nvidia drivers, reboot
There was a time when installing dx after nvidia drivers caused problems

If all else fails, MS2k/XP is no OS X, and a PC is not a Mac, sooner or
later you'll have to do a wipe and a clean install to clear up the weirdness

Jean-Luc NGUYEN wrote:

>I installed sp4 and all latest drivers on my computer.
>
>Still the same problem
>
>Any other idea?
>
>"Beowulf" > a écrit dans le message de
>

>>Are you running the latest service pack? This popped up occasionay on
>>some of the drivers on my system with sp2 and the det 30s. It went away
>>with sp3. (I also just noticed that sp4 is out) Can't remember what
>>the reason was...you might want the check out microsoft's knowledge base
>>(do a search for "KMODE_EXCEPTION")
>>
>>Jean-Luc NGUYEN wrote:
>>

>>>Each time I shutdown my computer, or I try to reboot, I have this message
>>>error:
>>>
>>>*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xF868C514, 0x00000000, 0x0000001C)
>>>KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
>>>
>>>*** Address F868C514 base at F8657000, DateStamp 3d6bb1ce - nv4_mini.sys
>>>
>>>It happens with all 4*.** nvidia drivers
>>>I tried very old drivers (2*.**) and it doesn't happen with them.
>>>
>>>Any body ever had this trouble?

Jean-Luc NGUYEN
July 6th 03, 06:42 AM
ok, thanks for your answer.
I try that and keep you informed of the issue.
Hoping it will fix the problem

Jean-Luc