PDA

View Full Version : 9700 Ultra cards?

Richard Dower
July 3rd 03, 08:26 PM
Can anyone provide some links to 9700U cards that are either on sale right
now, or will be in a couple of months.

I saw the Asus card, why is the memory clock only 850MHz?

I belive i seen an MSI card that had the core clock 450HMz and the memory
clock 900MHz?

I want to buy the new Nvidia card, but choosing the right model is a must,
it must have a copper heatsink and have a solid cooling system.

Any links are most appreciated.

__________________________________________________ ________________ Richard
Dower ICQ#: 114343804 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

{[ZenmasteR]}
July 3rd 03, 08:47 PM
http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9700proult.asp

"Richard Dower" > wrote in message =
> Can anyone provide some links to 9700U cards that are either on sale =
right
> now, or will be in a couple of months.
>=20
> I saw the Asus card, why is the memory clock only 850MHz?
>=20
> I belive i seen an MSI card that had the core clock 450HMz and the =
memory
> clock 900MHz?
>=20
> I want to buy the new Nvidia card, but choosing the right model is a =
must,
> it must have a copper heatsink and have a solid cooling system.
>=20
> Any links are most appreciated.
>=20
> __________________________________________________ ________________ =
Richard
> Dower ICQ#: 114343804 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me
> __________________________________________________ ________________
>=20

bongdaddyboo
July 3rd 03, 11:51 PM
Richard Dower wrote:
> "{[ZenmasteR]}" > wrote in message
> http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9700proult.asp
>

> ****...my mistake, FX 5900U...not at ATI card.
>
> ATI fanboys....haha.

My video card's different to your video card!!

Anyway, wasn't Zen a voodoo boy many moons ago?
--
take a hit dude,
Bongdaddyboo

Joe
July 4th 03, 04:58 AM
Sure you want one?
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=3x5900u&page=1

"Richard Dower" > wrote in message

> "{[ZenmasteR]}" > wrote in message
> http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9700proult.asp
>

> ****...my mistake, FX 5900U...not at ATI card.
>
> ATI fanboys....haha.

Ron Merts
July 4th 03, 09:53 AM
All of the 5900 Ultra cards are being produced by nVidia and their partner
Flextronics. If you are wanting something with a copper heatsink/fan you
are going to have to step back to the non-ultra FX 5900 by MSI. It uses a
very unique looking copper heatsink/fan combo. I have seen 5 different
manufacturers versions of the FX 5900 Ultra and their cards are absolutely
identical with the exception of the sticker on the fan itself. Unless you
are going to be driving resolutions greater than 1600X1200 the FX 5900 Ultra
is not going to give you any more "bank for the buck" over a non-ultra FX
5900 - this according to three hardware/overclocking/video reviews I have
read and what I have seen on a live system. eVGA's non-ultra card looks
almost identical to the ultra model, in fact unless you look at the back of
the card you won't notice any difference. The Gainward model uses 2 fans on
the heatsink to keep the card cool. MSI takes the cake for odd in the
non-ultra model with the HUGE copper heatsink over the GPU and memory and
yet another "orb" fan on the back of the card over the GPU to add extra
cooling (even the orb is copper!).

Ron

"Richard Dower" > wrote in message
> Can anyone provide some links to 9700U cards that are either on sale right
> now, or will be in a couple of months.
>
> I saw the Asus card, why is the memory clock only 850MHz?
>
> I belive i seen an MSI card that had the core clock 450HMz and the memory
> clock 900MHz?
>
> I want to buy the new Nvidia card, but choosing the right model is a must,
> it must have a copper heatsink and have a solid cooling system.
>
> Any links are most appreciated.
>
> __________________________________________________ ________________ Richard
> Dower ICQ#: 114343804 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me
> __________________________________________________ ________________

Anders Albrechtsen
July 5th 03, 03:29 AM
"Richard Dower" > wrote in message

> "{[ZenmasteR]}" > wrote in message
> http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9700proult.asp
>

> ****...my mistake, FX 5900U...not at ATI card.
>
> ATI fanboys....haha.

Actually you were guided in the right direction ;-) The GFX 5900 simply
sin't worth it from a price/performance perspective.
---
Anders