PDA

View Full Version : Re: clone on tvout Gefoce3 ti 200 - Help

Andrew Z Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie]
July 3rd 03, 03:34 PM
> "aerodeck" >
> wrote in message ...
>
> on my main pc i have a geforce4 ti 4200 with latest drivers,
> (XPHome) when I switch on tvout to clone this works fine.
>
> However my 2nd pc on Win98, my geforce3 ti200 will only work
> on monitor or tv but not both at the same time. Will
> upgrading to WinME solve this?

Try 'TV Control Centre 2000' although it's getting hard to find!

Search for TVCC2000.zip

--
AZC

aerodeck
July 3rd 03, 04:11 PM
I found this on google - it could explain a lot...

"This is not possible. The Geforce 3 series is single head design, meaning
you can use the Analog output or the TV-out, but not both. To use nView,
you'll either have to downgrade to a GeForce 2 series card (MX200, 400, 420,
440, 460) or upgrade to a GeForce 4 series (Ti4200, 4400, 4600). (The
GeForce 2 and 2 GTS cards do not have this option either). Your other option
is to get a dualhead card from another source (ATI, Matrox). You can use
TvTool to "clone" your TV's display to your monitor, but not the other way
around (meaning you're limited to your TV's resolution which is bearable if
you have an HDTV = 1024*768 @ 60Hz (don't quote me on that) but otherwise
way too low to use as a desktop."

But if anyone knows diffent please let me know

"Andrew Z Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie]" > wrote
in message ...