PDA

View Full Version : MX, TI, & FX. WTF?

Andrew Z Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie]
July 3rd 03, 03:24 PM
Hi folks,

I understood that the MX line was the budget lower
powered cards, and the TI cards were the high
powered ones. Now everything is all FX, how do I
tell which are the budget cards, and which are the
high powered ones? Is it simply a case of the
higher the model number the better the card? Is
there an idiots guide to this? Thanks,

Andrew

--
AZC

Andreas E. Meier
July 3rd 03, 03:50 PM
Andrew Z Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie] wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I understood that the MX line was the budget lower
> powered cards, and the TI cards were the high
> powered ones. Now everything is all FX, how do I
> tell which are the budget cards, and which are the
> high powered ones? Is it simply a case of the
> higher the model number the better the card? Is
> there an idiots guide to this? Thanks,
>

> Andrew

Try this Link:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=fx_desktop

Martin Eriksson
July 3rd 03, 04:32 PM
"Andrew Z Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie]" > wrote
in message ...
> Hi folks,
>

> I understood that the MX line was the budget lower
> powered cards, and the TI cards were the high
> powered ones. Now everything is all FX, how do I
> tell which are the budget cards, and which are the
> high powered ones? Is it simply a case of the
> higher the model number the better the card? Is
> there an idiots guide to this? Thanks,

I understand you. If any company (let's say Noname3D) crates a line of gfx
cards with these names:
Noname3D Card #1 Pretty Fast model
Noname3D Card #1 Really Fast model
Noname3D Card #2 Really Slow model But Faster Than Card #1 Pretty Fast
Noname3D Card #2 Pretty Fast model
Noname3D Card #3 Ok This Makes All The Other Card Models Perform Really Slow
In Comparison

.... I'll buy the #2 Pretty Fast model ASAP. Or...?

/M

Thomas Andersson
July 6th 03, 09:44 PM
Harrie wrote:

> I wouldn't call You Just Jess as You are THE Jess. I fully agree with
> Your answer. But, the OP mentioned WTF cards as well. I wonder what
> does are? I have the feeling the F might have something to do with
> Microsoft trying to make cards for themselves...

LoL, I'm not entirely sure if you're serious or not :)
"MX, TI, & FX. WTF?" reads "MX, TI & FX. What the f*" (As in beeing totaly
confused by all the different names.

And if you were makinga joke.. you got me ;)

Best Wishes
Thomas