PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Video card

Ted
July 3rd 03, 04:09 AM
I am in the process of building a new machine as follows:

ASUS A7N8X MB
AMD Athlon 2600+
256mb PC2700 RAM
7200 RPM 8mb Cache HDs

I have simply not kept up with video cards in a few years. I have tried to
do some reseach and most does not make much sense to me. Anyway, I'm not a
hardcore gamer. I play Flight Sim 2002 and Castle Wolfenstein from time to
time. I friend of mine has a Ti-4200 and it seems great, but now I see all
these Ti-5xxx cards and don't know where they fall into the lineup. I really
would like to limit my video card purchase to around 130.00. Could someone
recommend a few good choices in my price range please?

many thanks
Ted

Jef
July 4th 03, 12:43 AM
I have a Ti4200 and I think that at the moment they offer the best value for
money. Off course the FX-cards are better, but the good ones (not the
cheapest one for then the difference will not be that big) are much more
expensive as well.

Good luck with Your choice and let us know what You bought!

Greetings,
René
"Ted" > schreef in bericht