PDA

View Full Version : ATI guy just visiting...

LBJGH
July 3rd 03, 12:27 AM
No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys... currently
running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.

Just reading though the posts for interest sake...

---

LBJGH
July 3rd 03, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome... I bet you are a hit with the ladies.

"Derek Wildstar" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "LBJGH" > wrote in message
> le.rogers.com...
> > No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys... currently
> > running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.
> >
> > Just reading though the posts for interest sake...
> >

> Nothing here to see, move along. :)

---

casual observer
July 3rd 03, 01:40 AM
le.rogers.com...
:
: Just reading though the posts for interest sake...
:
:

Reading posts doesn't generally involve typing and hitting <send>

Derek Wildstar
July 3rd 03, 02:55 AM
"LBJGH" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

> Thanks for the warm welcome... I bet you are a hit with the ladies.

I am, quite irrelevantly, See how my charms aren't thusly wasted on you?

You should see how the ladies swoon when I blow my powerful 9cfm
'Dustbuster' over certain critical areas of their anatomy. Which is good,
since I wouldn't want to them to overheat due to all that extra voltage
running unregulated through their acceleration ports. You do know how
important it is to tend to the ladies G-port, right Sport?

Betcha wish you checked us out earlier, dontcha. It's the way it's meant to
be played, or haven't you read the latest memo?!

LBJGH
July 3rd 03, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the response ceedee. I figured if I showed up here saying how
much I liked my video card I'd get flamed.... I tried to be
non-confrontational, but I have to come in with my dukes up. What gives.

Anyway, I haven't had a nvidia based card since my tnt2 card (a long time
ago). I had a 64mb Radeon VIVO card which was only mediocre performance
wise. I upgraded to a 9700pro and was happy with the performance but missed
the VIVO functions so I sold that card and got an AIW9700pro.

People talk about image quality being the major difference between Nvidia
and ATI. You guys care to comment. Perhaps someone who switched from ATI
to Nvidia could comment.

tx
LBJGH

p.s. I'm still reading... and may type and hit send again. ;)
"ceedee" > wrote in message
> Welcome to the group
>
> a more appropriate post would be to tell us if you are
> happy or not with the card you have
> rather than just stating what it is which doesnt really add anything to
the
> mix
>
> anyway enjoy your stay
>
> ceedee
>
> PS yes i top post i cant help myself Ive tried but i just cant do it
> i dont have a wheel mouse and all that scrolling is a bitch please forgive
> me
>

> "casual observer" > wrote in message
> > "LBJGH" > wrote in message
> > le.rogers.com...
> > : No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys...
> > currently
> > : running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.
> > :
> > : Just reading though the posts for interest sake...
> > :
> > :
> >
> > Reading posts doesn't generally involve typing and hitting <send>
> >
> > --

---

Strontium
July 3rd 03, 03:24 AM
A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500). He says
he'll never touch an nVidia card, again. He says the quality of the visuals
doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. I'm drooling, for the 9700, right now.
Had to get rid of my CPU/memory bottleneck, first. Dropped quite a bit of
cash, on that. So, have to wait another month or so...

-
LBJGH stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

> Thanks for the response ceedee. I figured if I showed up here saying
> how much I liked my video card I'd get flamed.... I tried to be
> non-confrontational, but I have to come in with my dukes up. What
> gives.
>
> Anyway, I haven't had a nvidia based card since my tnt2 card (a long
> time ago). I had a 64mb Radeon VIVO card which was only mediocre
> performance wise. I upgraded to a 9700pro and was happy with the
> performance but missed the VIVO functions so I sold that card and got
> an AIW9700pro.
>
> People talk about image quality being the major difference between
> Nvidia and ATI. You guys care to comment. Perhaps someone who
> switched from ATI to Nvidia could comment.
>
> tx
> LBJGH
>
> p.s. I'm still reading... and may type and hit send again. ;)
> "ceedee" > wrote in message
>> Welcome to the group
>>
>> a more appropriate post would be to tell us if you are
>> happy or not with the card you have
>> rather than just stating what it is which doesnt really add anything
>> to the mix
>>
>> anyway enjoy your stay
>>
>> ceedee
>>
>> PS yes i top post i cant help myself Ive tried but i just cant do it
>> i dont have a wheel mouse and all that scrolling is a bitch please
>> forgive me
>>

>> "casual observer" > wrote in message
>>> "LBJGH" > wrote in message
>>> le.rogers.com...

>>> Reading posts doesn't generally involve typing and hitting <send>
>>>
>>> --

> ---

Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all.. And, I want to get free..."

neopolaris
July 3rd 03, 04:02 AM
Response? I didn't know there was a question. Do you often type for no
reason?
Oh hey, I lowered my cholesterol.

That's right. No one cares.

AnybodyŽ
July 3rd 03, 04:48 AM
<I figured if I showed up here saying how much I liked my video card I'd get
flamed>
Oh puleese, you were banking on it.

"LBJGH" > wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
> Thanks for the response ceedee. I figured if I showed up here saying how
> much I liked my video card I'd get flamed.... I tried to be
> non-confrontational, but I have to come in with my dukes up. What gives.
>
> Anyway, I haven't had a nvidia based card since my tnt2 card (a long time
> ago). I had a 64mb Radeon VIVO card which was only mediocre performance
> wise. I upgraded to a 9700pro and was happy with the performance but
missed
> the VIVO functions so I sold that card and got an AIW9700pro.
>
> People talk about image quality being the major difference between Nvidia
> and ATI. You guys care to comment. Perhaps someone who switched from ATI
> to Nvidia could comment.
>
> tx
> LBJGH
>
> p.s. I'm still reading... and may type and hit send again. ;)
> "ceedee" > wrote in message
> > Welcome to the group
> >
> > a more appropriate post would be to tell us if you are
> > happy or not with the card you have
> > rather than just stating what it is which doesnt really add anything to
> the
> > mix
> >
> > anyway enjoy your stay
> >
> > ceedee
> >
> > PS yes i top post i cant help myself Ive tried but i just cant do it
> > i dont have a wheel mouse and all that scrolling is a bitch please
forgive
> > me
> >

> > "casual observer" > wrote in message
> > > "LBJGH" > wrote in message
> > > le.rogers.com...
> > > : No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys...
> > > currently
> > > : running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.
> > > :
> > > : Just reading though the posts for interest sake...
> > > :
> > > :
> > >
> > > Reading posts doesn't generally involve typing and hitting <send>
> > >
> > > --

> ---

Dave
July 3rd 03, 05:33 AM
"Strontium" > wrote in message
> A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500). He says
> he'll never touch an nVidia card, again. He says the quality of the
visuals
> doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. I'm drooling, for the 9700, right now.

If the visuals of the ti4200 are so much better than a 9500 then why won't
he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing something here?
Dave

Strontium
July 3rd 03, 06:01 AM
I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.

-

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all.. And, I want to get free..."

Strontium
July 3rd 03, 06:05 AM
Crap! I just realized how that was written. I meant it to say "He says
visual quality of the GF4 Ti's doesn't even touch it"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Apologies.

-

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all.. And, I want to get free..."

J.Clarke
July 3rd 03, 07:16 AM
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:01:46 -0500
"Strontium" > wrote:

> I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.

I guess I don't understand English either. It looks like you're saying
that the quality of the visuals on the GF4 Ti are much better than for
the 9500--"doesn't even touch" would normally equate to "is much worse
than". If that is the case then why does he prefer the ATI?

If you mean something else then rather than criticizing someone else's
command of the language you might try rephrasing or clarifying.

> -
> Dave stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
>
> > "Strontium" > wrote in message
> >> A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500). He
> >> says he'll never touch an nVidia card, again.
>
> >>He says the quality
> >> of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. <----------This
> >line*
>
> >> I'm drooling, for
> >> the 9700, right now.
> >
> > If the visuals of the ti4200 are so much better than a 9500 then why
> > won't he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing something
> > here? Dave
>
> --
> Strontium
>
> "I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
> there at all.. And, I want to get free..."

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

casual observer
July 3rd 03, 07:19 AM
:the quality
:of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's <<< DA

Prime example of the quality education of youth in todays society.
--

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This Space For Rent:
"Strontium" > wrote in message
: I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.
:
: -
: Dave stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
:
: > "Strontium" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500).
He
: >> says he'll never touch an nVidia card, again.
:
: >>He says the quality
: >> of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. <----------This
line*
:
: >> I'm drooling, for
: >> the 9700, right now.
: >
: > If the visuals of the ti4200 are so much better than a 9500 then
why
: > won't he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing something
here?
: > Dave
:
: --
: Strontium
:
: "I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever
: there at all.. And, I want to get free..."
:
:

Strontium
July 3rd 03, 07:20 AM
-
casual observer stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

>> the quality
>> of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's <<< DA
>
> Prime example of the quality education of youth in todays society. <<<DA

Prime example of the idiocy of someone who has not read the entire thread.

<SNIP>

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all.. And, I want to get free..."

Les
July 3rd 03, 07:50 AM
"Scrotum" > wrote in message
:
: -
: casual observer stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
:
: >> the quality
: >> of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's <<< DA

:
: Prime example of the idiocy of someone who has not read the entire
thread.

I read all of every thread. It's a little thing I have about picking
morons out of the crowd.
Thought perhaps I was mistaken about you, but sadly I was not. Enjoy
answering my kf scrotum old boi. :p

--

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This Space For Rent:
: "Strontium" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.
: >>
: >> -
: >> Dave stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
: >>
: >>> "Strontium" > wrote in message
: >>> ...
: >>>> A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500).
He
: >>>> says he'll never touch an nVidia card, again.
: >>
: >>>> He says the quality
: >>>> of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's.
<----------This
: >>>> line*
: >>
: >>>> I'm drooling, for
: >>>> the 9700, right now.
: >>>
: >>> If the visuals of the ti4200 are so much better than a 9500 then
why
: >>> won't he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing something
: >>> here? Dave
: >>
: >> --
: >> Strontium
: >>
: > -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
: > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
: > -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
:
: --
: Strontium
:
: "I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever
: there at all.. And, I want to get free..."
:
:

Courseyauto
July 3rd 03, 11:41 AM
The new 5900 ULTRA is the new king of video cards,ATI is number
2.................

Strontium
July 3rd 03, 01:02 PM
I guess you didn't see my reply to this reply. Geesh. Do you all use google, or
something? WTF.

-
J.Clarke stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:01:46 -0500
> "Strontium" > wrote:
>
>> I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.
>
> I guess I don't understand English either. It looks like you're
> saying that the quality of the visuals on the GF4 Ti are much better
> than for the 9500--"doesn't even touch" would normally equate to "is
> much worse than". If that is the case then why does he prefer the
> ATI?
>
> If you mean something else then rather than criticizing someone else's
> command of the language you might try rephrasing or clarifying.
>
>> -
>> Dave stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

>>> If the visuals of the ti4200 are so much better than a 9500 then why
>>> won't he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing something
>>> here? Dave
>>
>> --
>> Strontium
>>
>> "I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
>> there at all.. And, I want to get free..."

Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all. And, I want to get free..."

Strontium
July 3rd 03, 01:06 PM
Pasted, for all those that "Can't" read a whole thread, before replying: Paste, to
follow, now: Sheesh ****ing SHEESH!

Begin paste
------

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all.. And, I want to get free..."
-

J.Clarke
July 3rd 03, 03:07 PM
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:02:07 -0500
"Strontium" > wrote:

> I guess you didn't see my reply to this reply. Geesh. Do you all use
> google, or something? WTF.

This is USENET. All posts do not appear on all servers simultaneously.

> -
> J.Clarke stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
>
> > On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:01:46 -0500
> > "Strontium" > wrote:
> >
> >> I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.
> >
> > I guess I don't understand English either. It looks like you're
> > saying that the quality of the visuals on the GF4 Ti are much better
> > than for the 9500--"doesn't even touch" would normally equate to "is
> > much worse than". If that is the case then why does he prefer the
> > ATI?
> >
> > If you mean something else then rather than criticizing someone
> > else's command of the language you might try rephrasing or
> > clarifying.
> >
> >> -

> >why>> won't he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing
> >something>> here? Dave
> >>
> >> --
> >> Strontium
> >>
> >> "I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
> >ever> there at all.. And, I want to get free..."
> >>

> > --
>
> --
> Strontium
>
> "I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
> there at all. And, I want to get free..."

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

LBJGH
July 3rd 03, 11:11 PM
Sorry pal. not looking for a flame war... but it looks like some others
took the leap... I frequent several different forums and enjoy helping
others. I am an AMD fanatic but not a fanATIc.

"AnybodyŽ" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> <I figured if I showed up here saying how much I liked my video card I'd
get
> flamed>
> Oh puleese, you were banking on it.
>
> "LBJGH" > wrote in message
> e.rogers.com...
> > Thanks for the response ceedee. I figured if I showed up here saying
how
> > much I liked my video card I'd get flamed.... I tried to be
> > non-confrontational, but I have to come in with my dukes up. What
gives.

> > Anyway, I haven't had a nvidia based card since my tnt2 card (a long
time
> > ago). I had a 64mb Radeon VIVO card which was only mediocre performance
> > wise. I upgraded to a 9700pro and was happy with the performance but
> missed
> > the VIVO functions so I sold that card and got an AIW9700pro.
> >
> > People talk about image quality being the major difference between
Nvidia
> > and ATI. You guys care to comment. Perhaps someone who switched from
ATI
> > to Nvidia could comment.
> >
> > tx
> > LBJGH
> >
> > p.s. I'm still reading... and may type and hit send again. ;)
> > "ceedee" > wrote in message
> > > Welcome to the group
> > >
> > > a more appropriate post would be to tell us if you are
> > > happy or not with the card you have
> > > rather than just stating what it is which doesnt really add anything
> > the
> > > mix
> > >
> > > anyway enjoy your stay
> > >
> > > ceedee
> > >
> > > PS yes i top post i cant help myself Ive tried but i just cant do it
> > > i dont have a wheel mouse and all that scrolling is a bitch please
> forgive
> > > me

> > ---

---

Strontium
July 4th 03, 12:16 AM
I've seen ur nick around lb...especially in the oc'ing groups years back.

**** those trolls, that's all they are, really.

-
LBJGH stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

> Sorry pal. not looking for a flame war... but it looks like some
> others took the leap... I frequent several different forums and
> enjoy helping others. I am an AMD fanatic but not a fanATIc.
>
> "AnybodyŽ" > wrote in message
> le.rogers.com...
>> <I figured if I showed up here saying how much I liked my video card
>> I'd get flamed>
>> Oh puleese, you were banking on it.
>>
>> "LBJGH" > wrote in message
>> e.rogers.com...
>>> Thanks for the response ceedee. I figured if I showed up here
>>> saying how much I liked my video card I'd get flamed.... I tried to
>>> be non-confrontational, but I have to come in with my dukes up.
>>> What gives.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I haven't had a nvidia based card since my tnt2 card (a
>>> long time ago). I had a 64mb Radeon VIVO card which was only
>>> mediocre performance wise. I upgraded to a 9700pro and was happy
>>> with the performance but missed the VIVO functions so I sold that
>>> card and got an AIW9700pro.
>>>
>>> People talk about image quality being the major difference between
>>> Nvidia and ATI. You guys care to comment. Perhaps someone who
>>> switched from ATI to Nvidia could comment.
>>>
>>> tx
>>> LBJGH
>>>
>>> p.s. I'm still reading... and may type and hit send again. ;)

>>> ---
>>>

> ---

Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

Jef
July 4th 03, 12:48 AM
> I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.

I am very sorry, but he is right, I re-read it several times. What he sais
is what You said.

Greetings,
René

Jef
July 4th 03, 12:50 AM
> Pasted, for all those that "Can't" read a whole thread, before replying:
Paste, to
> follow, now: Sheesh ****ing SHEESH!

Tss,tss, no harsh words please. I asked Les to be polite, now I am asking
You the same thing.
And my apologies for writing my remark, the order in which the different
messages are on my newsserver is quite illogical.

Greetings,
René

Jef
July 4th 03, 12:52 AM
> Oh hey, I lowered my cholesterol.

That is very good. How high were You and how high are You now?

Greetings,
René

Strontium
July 4th 03, 01:14 AM
Let me get this straight...you are Les's assboy?

That makes sense.

-

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

Strontium
July 4th 03, 01:15 AM
OH my, now you are replying to yourself...this is classic.

-

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

AnybodyŽ
July 4th 03, 03:31 AM
lol, well put
"LBJGH" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Sorry pal. not looking for a flame war... but it looks like some others
> took the leap... I frequent several different forums and enjoy helping
> others. I am an AMD fanatic but not a fanATIc.
>
> "AnybodyŽ" > wrote in message
> le.rogers.com...
> > <I figured if I showed up here saying how much I liked my video card I'd
> get
> > flamed>
> > Oh puleese, you were banking on it.
> >
> > "LBJGH" > wrote in message
> > e.rogers.com...
> > > Thanks for the response ceedee. I figured if I showed up here saying
> how
> > > much I liked my video card I'd get flamed.... I tried to be
> > > non-confrontational, but I have to come in with my dukes up. What
> gives.
> > >
> > > Anyway, I haven't had a nvidia based card since my tnt2 card (a long
> time
> > > ago). I had a 64mb Radeon VIVO card which was only mediocre
performance
> > > wise. I upgraded to a 9700pro and was happy with the performance but
> > missed
> > > the VIVO functions so I sold that card and got an AIW9700pro.
> > >
> > > People talk about image quality being the major difference between
> Nvidia
> > > and ATI. You guys care to comment. Perhaps someone who switched from
> ATI
> > > to Nvidia could comment.
> > >
> > > tx
> > > LBJGH
> > >
> > > p.s. I'm still reading... and may type and hit send again. ;)

> > > the

> > forgive

> > > ---
> > >

> ---

Steve Trussing
July 4th 03, 04:45 AM
x-no-archive: yes

LBJGH > wrote:

> "Derek Wildstar" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "LBJGH" > wrote in message
>> le.rogers.com...
>>> No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys...
>>> currently running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.
>>>
>>> Just reading though the posts for interest sake...
>>>

>> Nothing here to see, move along. :)
>
> Thanks for the warm welcome... I bet you are a hit with the ladies.

:) = "Just joking"

It was lighthearted humor. You know, "tee hee, hah hah"?

--
Indeed I am.
Well, you're right about that.

Steve Trussing
July 4th 03, 04:46 AM
x-no-archive: yes

casual observer > wrote:

> "LBJGH" > wrote in message
> le.rogers.com...
>> No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys...
>> currently running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.
>>
>> Just reading though the posts for interest sake...
>>

> Reading posts doesn't generally involve typing and hitting <send>

Hey, I just read your post.

--
Indeed I am.
Well, you're right about that.
Because it runs counter to the way we read!
Why do you hate top posting so much?

Strontium
July 4th 03, 05:24 AM
Nah, I made the move to wIntel, dude.

I really wanted one of the NForce2 motherboards, about 3 months ago.
Since going wIntel, that has all changed.

This board ain't so bad, just gets lame, once in a while, like any
other...
Good to see you around old man :P

I used to read the 'intel' OC group, in addition to the AMD group. Now, I
try to filter AMD from my screen lol as it does not pertain. Still lots
of info in the 'intel' group. Give a shout out, sometime. I'm sure I'll
be reading the ATI group, a lot more, when I slap that 9700 in this bitch
:)

Cheers!

-