PDA

View Full Version : overclocking 5200

John Smith
July 2nd 03, 07:06 PM
Hi All
Ok,know they are a bitt naff,easily beaten by 4200
but they seem quite cheap for a second pc.
What overclocking results are people out there
getting?
Ta for any inf
Smiffy

Ron Merts
July 4th 03, 09:11 AM
No kidding! XP Home wants at a MINIMUM 256Mb of RAM to keep itself happy
and running reasonably, but 512Mb is really preferred. If you use XP Pro
then you want to double that. I have seen XP Pro crash under some heavy
graphics apps and games with less that 1024Mb (1Gb). We had one system that
was bailing out of Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind with great regularity
with 512Mb, we added another 512Mb of memory and it's not crashed once
since.

Ron

.. .