PDA

View Full Version : Some venders you just have to wonder about

Bratboy
July 1st 03, 11:11 PM
Not going to name companies here but ya gotta laugh at this one.

Card I bought came with a fancy Blue Orb cooler which has a fan that has CFM
of 5.9, in part because the default clocks are higher than Nvidia spec.
Anyway the fan started dieing so contacted them and they sent me a new
cooler but am only supposed to swap the fan part out. This would be fine
except that the bloody part they sent me has a fan with only 3.5 CFM.
Fortunatly I was already working with another company to replace it with
what it origonally had but still I can't imagine what they were thinking
sending me a cooling fan thats half the pwr of the old one to use on a card
thats bios already overclocks the chip. Go figure hehe

Ron Merts
July 2nd 03, 08:10 AM
Sounds like further proof that you should not smoke crack before answering
tech support calls and issuing replacement parts.

Ron

"Bratboy" > wrote in message ...
> Not going to name companies here but ya gotta laugh at this one.
>
> Card I bought came with a fancy Blue Orb cooler which has a fan that has
CFM
> of 5.9, in part because the default clocks are higher than Nvidia spec.
> Anyway the fan started dieing so contacted them and they sent me a new
> cooler but am only supposed to swap the fan part out. This would be fine
> except that the bloody part they sent me has a fan with only 3.5 CFM.
> Fortunatly I was already working with another company to replace it with
> what it origonally had but still I can't imagine what they were thinking
> sending me a cooling fan thats half the pwr of the old one to use on a
card
> thats bios already overclocks the chip. Go figure hehe

Derek Wildstar
July 3rd 03, 12:33 AM
"Bratboy" > wrote in message ...

> Not going to name companies here but ya gotta laugh at this one.

Why wouldn't you name names? Isn't the whole point of complaining to either
fix the problem, or not fixed, warn others of potential problems? It's not
like you claimed they burnt your house down, it's just a parts snafu. :)

Bratboy
July 3rd 03, 03:15 PM
Because it was just something silly/funny that just caught me off guard not
something I consider a reflection of the company hehe. Especially since they
have discontinued makeing graphic cards I can actually understand how they
(tech support) could make the mistake they did. I wasnt aware they had
stopped makeing Vid cards but I recontacted them and things are copacetic
(actually OCZ is going out of its way to help me with my problem and
possibly find a replacement for the card at this point so really no
complaint about the company ) just thought was worth a chuckle.
Just Jess

news:[email protected]