PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider AOD probs

b00gjuice
July 2nd 03, 01:27 AM
Hey All,

So much for getting Tomb Raider right away. It is pretty buggy. I have a
Geforce FX 5900 Ultra and I can't get any cinematic video to show, only
sound. The game seems to hate Anti-Aliasing because you can't see any menu's
if you enable it.

I would be interested in anyone else's opinion with Nvidia hardware that
plays the game.

Here is my System:

P4 3.06 w/HT
Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
1G Rambus PC1066
Asus P4T-533C
Audigy Platinum

--
<Remove <nospam> to reply by email>

-b00gjuice

Craig Lester
July 2nd 03, 07:08 PM
No problems here, got a GF3 ti-200 running 30.82 drivers on an old kt7-raid
with a xp 2400 in it.. runs as smooth as silk

"b00gjuice" > wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> So much for getting Tomb Raider right away. It is pretty buggy. I have a
> Geforce FX 5900 Ultra and I can't get any cinematic video to show, only
> sound. The game seems to hate Anti-Aliasing because you can't see any
menu's
> if you enable it.
>
> I would be interested in anyone else's opinion with Nvidia hardware that
> plays the game.
>
> Here is my System:
>
> P4 3.06 w/HT
> Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
> 1G Rambus PC1066
> Asus P4T-533C
> Audigy Platinum
>
> --
> <Remove <nospam> to reply by email>
>
> -b00gjuice

rhonddaman
July 3rd 03, 12:50 AM
upgrade to 44.03 - still crappy. I expected better from TR-AOD, but there
again it was rushd a bit. Perhaps these problems will be fixed with a patch.
I am told that disabling EAX does improve matters though. Will give it a
try.
"rhonddaman" > wrote in message
> I am having problems running the game with my Asus TI4600 Deluxe. The game
> is runs but pauses fro a few seconds every minute. WIn XP actaially gave
me
> a Blue screen and advised I look at the TI4600 drivers. I am runing DX
> 9.0Aand the 43.45 dets.
> "b00gjuice" > wrote in message
> > Hey All,
> >
> > So much for getting Tomb Raider right away. It is pretty buggy. I have a
> > Geforce FX 5900 Ultra and I can't get any cinematic video to show, only
> > sound. The game seems to hate Anti-Aliasing because you can't see any
> menu's
> > if you enable it.
> >
> > I would be interested in anyone else's opinion with Nvidia hardware that
> > plays the game.
> >
> > Here is my System:
> >
> > P4 3.06 w/HT
> > Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
> > 1G Rambus PC1066
> > Asus P4T-533C
> > Audigy Platinum
> >
> > --
> > <Remove <nospam> to reply by email>
> >
> > -b00gjuice

rhonddaman
July 3rd 03, 06:14 PM
False rumour. Disabling the EAX profile made no difference. Bah!
"rhonddaman" > wrote in message
> upgrade to 44.03 - still crappy. I expected better from TR-AOD, but there
> again it was rushd a bit. Perhaps these problems will be fixed with a
patch.
> I am told that disabling EAX does improve matters though. Will give it a
> try.
> "rhonddaman" > wrote in message
> > I am having problems running the game with my Asus TI4600 Deluxe. The
game
> > is runs but pauses fro a few seconds every minute. WIn XP actaially gave
> me
> > a Blue screen and advised I look at the TI4600 drivers. I am runing DX
> > 9.0Aand the 43.45 dets.
> > "b00gjuice" > wrote in message
> > > Hey All,
> > >
> > > So much for getting Tomb Raider right away. It is pretty buggy. I have
> > > Geforce FX 5900 Ultra and I can't get any cinematic video to show,
only
> > > sound. The game seems to hate Anti-Aliasing because you can't see any
> > menu's
> > > if you enable it.
> > >
> > > I would be interested in anyone else's opinion with Nvidia hardware
that
> > > plays the game.
> > >
> > > Here is my System:
> > >
> > > P4 3.06 w/HT
> > > Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
> > > 1G Rambus PC1066
> > > Asus P4T-533C
> > > Audigy Platinum
> > >
> > > --
> > > <Remove <nospam> to reply by email>
> > >
> > > -b00gjuice

B J H
July 4th 03, 04:10 PM
I have a GF4 440MX (64Mb, 2x AGP) and the shadow and some other options seem
to be shaded out

I would try to the pacth!

"b00gjuice" > wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> So much for getting Tomb Raider right away. It is pretty buggy. I have a
> Geforce FX 5900 Ultra and I can't get any cinematic video to show, only
> sound. The game seems to hate Anti-Aliasing because you can't see any
menu's
> if you enable it.
>
> I would be interested in anyone else's opinion with Nvidia hardware that
> plays the game.
>
> Here is my System:
>
> P4 3.06 w/HT
> Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
> 1G Rambus PC1066
> Asus P4T-533C
> Audigy Platinum
>
> --
> <Remove <nospam> to reply by email>
>
> -b00gjuice

Anders Albrechtsen
July 5th 03, 03:23 AM
"b00gjuice" > wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> So much for getting Tomb Raider right away. It is pretty buggy. I have a
> Geforce FX 5900 Ultra and I can't get any cinematic video to show, only
> sound. The game seems to hate Anti-Aliasing because you can't see any
menu's
> if you enable it.
>
> I would be interested in anyone else's opinion with Nvidia hardware that
> plays the game.
>
> Here is my System:
>
> P4 3.06 w/HT
> Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
> 1G Rambus PC1066
> Asus P4T-533C
> Audigy Platinum

Untick "depth pass" in settings -> video options.
---
Anders

Chris S
July 7th 03, 07:26 PM
anyone got the URL 'cause I can't find the patch..... ....You know what
that makes me!

Cheers!

"Comfortably Numb" > wrote in message
> Sorry for top posting but there is now a patch for Angel of Darkness
> available at the Eidos website which supposedly fixes the FMV problems.
>
> Anders Albrechtsen wrote:
> > "b00gjuice" > wrote in message
> >> Hey All,
> >>
> >> So much for getting Tomb Raider right away. It is pretty buggy. I
> >> have a Geforce FX 5900 Ultra and I can't get any cinematic video to
> >> show, only sound. The game seems to hate Anti-Aliasing because you
> >> can't see any menu's if you enable it.
> >>
> >> I would be interested in anyone else's opinion with Nvidia hardware
> >> that plays the game.
> >>
> >> Here is my System:
> >>
> >> P4 3.06 w/HT
> >> Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
> >> 1G Rambus PC1066
> >> Asus P4T-533C
> >> Audigy Platinum
> >
> > Untick "depth pass" in settings -> video options.
> > ---
> > Anders

Dirk Pajonk
July 7th 03, 07:36 PM
ftp://ftp.eidos.de/pub/de/tomb_raider_aod/patch/TRAOD_PC_PATCH_V42.exe

"Chris S" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
> anyone got the URL 'cause I can't find the patch..... ....You know what
> that makes me!
>
> Cheers!
>

> "Comfortably Numb" > wrote in message
> > Sorry for top posting but there is now a patch for Angel of Darkness
> > available at the Eidos website which supposedly fixes the FMV problems.
> >
> > Anders Albrechtsen wrote:

> > > Untick "depth pass" in settings -> video options.
> > > ---
> > > Anders

Comfortably Numb
July 7th 03, 09:57 PM
Dirk Pajonk wrote:
> ftp://ftp.eidos.de/pub/de/tomb_raider_aod/patch/TRAOD_PC_PATCH_V42.exe

or

ftp://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk/tomb_raider_AOD/patch/TRAOD_PC_PATCH_V42.exe

> "Chris S" > schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag .. .
>> anyone got the URL 'cause I can't find the patch..... ....You
>> know what that makes me!
>>
>> Cheers!

Chris S
July 8th 03, 06:13 PM
Thanks very much!

Is there a web page so I can keep an eye out for future upgrades?