PDA

View Full Version : 5600 Ultra v1 vs. v2?

Thomas Andersson
July 1st 03, 11:27 AM
Hmm!

Looking for a 5600 Ultra v2 card, but there seems to be a lot of confusion.
Most cards I see seems to list v1 speccs (350MHz core/ram), but often the
pictures of the card cleary show v2 cards (cleaner design, less circuits).
Is it safe to asume that the speccs are down to slow updating and that any
card shipped now will be v2 anyway?

Best Wishes
Thomas

Dave
July 2nd 03, 03:56 AM
You know what happens when you assume? I would verify that any card I spent
my hard earned duckies on would be clocked at 400/800, nothing less.
Dave

"Thomas Andersson" > wrote in message
> Hmm!
>
> Looking for a 5600 Ultra v2 card, but there seems to be a lot of
confusion.
> Most cards I see seems to list v1 speccs (350MHz core/ram), but often the
> pictures of the card cleary show v2 cards (cleaner design, less circuits).
> Is it safe to asume that the speccs are down to slow updating and that any
> card shipped now will be v2 anyway?
>
> Best Wishes
> Thomas

Thomas Andersson
July 3rd 03, 01:09 AM
Derek Wildstar wrote:

> Newegg has but one in stock and it's V1, I'd be extra cautious, the
> screwup potential is at Color Orange on this issue.

They ahve 2 Ultras listed now, both with v1 speccs in the main list (but v2
under detailed speccs I think), bot show pictures of v2 boards. CONFUSION

Best Wishes
Thomas