PDA

View Full Version : EventType: 0xEA - Thread Stuck in Device Driver

Sam
July 1st 03, 06:30 AM
I've been getting some serious errors with Windows XP (sp1) when I use MS
Excel. The screen freezes and looks blocky. The only recovery is to reboot.
Below is the full error message.

I have not been able to figure out what's causing this. I tried totally
re-installing MS Office, just in case there was a corrupt file there. No
luck. I tried rolling back the nVidia video card driver to the last stable
version (40.72) without any success.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Sam

> /
> // Watchdog Event Log File
> //
>
> LogType: Watchdog
> Created: 2003-06-30 15:49:14
> TimeZone: 480 - Pacific Standard Time
> WindowsVersion: XP
> EventType: 0xEA - Thread Stuck in Device Driver
>
> //
> // The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop. This
> // usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device
> // driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your
> // display device vendor for any driver updates.
> //
>
> EaRecovery: 1
> ShutdownCount: 182
> Shutdown: 0
> EventCount: 4
> BreakCount: 4
> BugcheckTriggered: 1
> DebuggerNotPresent: 1
> DriverName: nv4_disp
> EventFlag: 1
> DeviceClass: Display
> DeviceDescription: NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200
> HardwareID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0201&SUBSYS_51031462&REV_A3
> Manufacturer: NVIDIA
> DriverFixedFileInfo: FEEF04BD 00010000 0006000E 000A1133 0006000E 000A1133 0000003F 00000008 00040004 00000003 00000004 00000000 00000000
> DriverCompanyName: NVIDIA Corporation
> DriverFileDescription: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 44.03
> DriverFileVersion: 6.14.10.4403
> DriverInternalName: nv4_disp.dll
> DriverLegalCopyright: (C) NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
> DriverOriginalFilename: nv4_disp.dll
> DriverProductName: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 44.03
> DriverProductVersion: 6.14.10.4403

TMack
July 1st 03, 09:30 AM
"Sam" > wrote in message
> I've been getting some serious errors with Windows XP (sp1) when I use MS
> Excel. The screen freezes and looks blocky. The only recovery is to
reboot.
> Below is the full error message.
>
> I have not been able to figure out what's causing this.

SNIP!

This is the well-known 'infinite loop' problem that affects Nvidia cards in
particular for a variety of reasons, particularly in WinXP. Go here to read
all about it:
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=64
Although this is a Via site, the information covers issues relevant to all
systems experiencing this error.

Tony