PDA

View Full Version : Re: card upgrade

Reb
June 30th 03, 02:48 PM
Ti 4200, Upgrade the PS

Reb

"Ryan B" > wrote in message
> can anyone offer a suggestion for a good upgrade (noticeable performance
> boost) from an NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 32MB DDR SDRAM card. Comp specs as
> follows:
>
> Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz
> 256 MB SDRAM
> 250W power supply
>
> any suggestions would be appreciated...i don't want to spend money on a
card
> that my system won't fully take advantage of.

Just Me
July 4th 03, 05:34 PM
I was in a similar situation as you are..... I upgraded my RAM to 1GN first
and then I bought a new Ti 4200. Both of the upgrades produced substantial
improvement. I would go with the less expensive one first... then on to the
other.

Rodg

??>> Ti 4200, Upgrade the PS

H> Yes, I would recommend that as well. What kind of shop delivers a PIV
H> with such a poverish powersupply??

H> René

With best regards, Just Me. E-mail: