PDA

View Full Version : Re: Dual Head with a GF4MX420

Daniel Crichton
June 30th 03, 09:28 AM
NuT CrAcKeR > wrote:

> Looking at the Display Properties, I see that there is a second
> display that is greyed out. I am no stranger to DualHead computing,
> as I have used Matrox G400's for years, and multiple PCI cards
> together before AGP was around... I know the ropes.

If you only have the 1 VGA connector on the card then you can't use the
DualView feature. The drivers support it if the hardware does, if it's
greyed out then it means that a second monitor wasn't detected (due to you
not having one plugged into a second connector). A splitter would just cause
the same signal to be sent to both monitors, so long as they both support
the same resolution and refresh rate it might work (although you'd probably
need something to boost the signal). Other GF4 cards with multiple
connectors (eg. my Leadtek A250 TD LE has VGA, TV, and DVI) do support
proper DualView where the card is able to drive 2 displays with different
resolutions and refresh rates, and showing different pictures (I use a VGA
monitor and a TV, and have my IRC windows on the TV so I can keep tabs on
conversations while I'm working/playing games on the VGA monitor).

Dan

NuT CrAcKeR
July 1st 03, 02:25 PM
I ended up adding a Matrox PCI card into the system, and now i have my dual
head panels up and running, while enjoying the gaming performance of the
GF4.

NuTs

"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I finally got my MX420 to work with my LCD panel(s) (very long story)
under