PDA

View Full Version : what card

dave
June 29th 03, 11:35 PM
I,m after a good reliable
well supported with updates video card that supportd AGPX8, there are so
many out there its so hard to choose, at the moment I have a radeon 32mb
ddr, ok for what I got but no good for new system, I,d like to stay with
Radeon and was looking at the Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB DDR AGP RP DVI VO on
dabs website any thoughts on it, or has anyone got better, price limit is
120

Thanks

Dave

Mike Levy A+, N+, MCP
June 30th 03, 12:45 AM
If you want to stay ATI, why ask in an nVidia group? I don't know how
the pricing works out, but the lower end of the GeForce4 Ti series is
likely in that range. The ones with TV Tuner if that's what you want
seem to be a rare breed, ATI brands make a lot more All-In-Wonder
style cards than the nVidia brands do.

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:35:46 GMT, "dave" > wrote:

>I,m after a good reliable
>well supported with updates video card that supportd AGPX8, there are so
>many out there its so hard to choose, at the moment I have a radeon 32mb
>ddr, ok for what I got but no good for new system, I,d like to stay with
>Radeon and was looking at the Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB DDR AGP RP DVI VO on
>dabs website any thoughts on it, or has anyone got better, price limit is
>120
>
>Thanks
>
>Dave

Ron Merts
July 1st 03, 08:12 AM
Please let us now how it works out for you. I benchmarked a Radeon 9200 Pro
with 128Mb DDR against a 4800Se (an 8X 4400) and the nVidia blew the 9200
Pro away. The Radeon 9200 Pro performed more like a GeForce4 MX 440 with
64Mb of DDR on an Athlon XP 2000+ CPU.

Ron