PDA

View Full Version : Re: This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled.

Granulated
June 29th 03, 03:24 PM
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:33:21 +0100 the meepish "orlimar" >
meeped :

>How do I disable the TV out function? The card is a GeForce 2MX-400, drivers
>Version 41.09 on WindowsXP.
>
>TIA

get TVTool.. it removes macrovision protection.
it's vert cheap and actually worth the money.

http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm
--

"please excuse me from gym...I've got this terrible cold coming on.."

orlimar
June 29th 03, 04:50 PM
Went and got TVTool
Now, what do I do with it?
Followed all the prompts, lost my monitor a couple of times & the message comes back all the time -
This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled.

Granulated
June 29th 03, 05:47 PM
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:50:04 +0100 the meepish "orlimar" >
meeped :

>Went and got TVTool
>Now, what do I do with it?
>Followed all the prompts, lost my monitor a couple of times & the =
>message comes back all the time -=20
>This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is =
>enabled.

did you "tick" the box that says [ Macro Off ]

it's on the [MODE] tab.
--

"please excuse me from gym...I've got this terrible cold coming on.."

A. Bahm
June 30th 03, 04:58 AM
"Granulated" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:50:04 +0100 the meepish "orlimar"
>
> meeped :
>
> >Went and got TVTool
> >Now, what do I do with it?
> >Followed all the prompts, lost my monitor a couple of times & the =
> >message comes back all the time -=20
> >This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is =
> >enabled.
>

> did you "tick" the box that says [ Macro Off ]
>
> it's on the [MODE] tab.
> --
>

> "please excuse me from gym...I've got this terrible cold coming on.."

Or you could roll back to an older version of the driver. Running the
41.09's isin't going to help a
Geforce 2 all that much. Use the 30.82's and you'll be in like Flynn.

orlimar
June 30th 03, 10:51 AM
Installed some drivers that came with the board - 2.3 dated 29/11/2001
Moulin Rouge now playing like a dream using Power DVD.
Thanks for the advice.
Would like to know why later drivers are detrimental though.

ceedee
June 30th 03, 04:33 PM
apparently i hear this app overcomes this issue
i havent tried it so dont know

remote selector
http://eximius.nl/rs/

ceedee