PDA

View Full Version : Manual Removal of Detonator Drivers in XP

Mike C
June 29th 03, 04:23 AM
Hi, I have a GF-3 Ti 200 utilizing the current Detonator drivers. I just
bought an ASUS FX 5600 and want to utilize the ASUS drivers, does anyone
know the manual method for removing the Detonator drivers or is the simple
Add/Remove Programs sufficient in XP Pro? Thanks, Mike

111
June 29th 03, 07:31 AM
Mike C wrote:
> Hi, I have a GF-3 Ti 200 utilizing the current Detonator drivers. I just
> bought an ASUS FX 5600 and want to utilize the ASUS drivers, does anyone
> know the manual method for removing the Detonator drivers or is the simple
> Add/Remove Programs sufficient in XP Pro? Thanks, Mike

Yes.

iD
June 29th 03, 02:24 PM
"111" > wrote in message

> Mike C wrote:
> > Hi, I have a GF-3 Ti 200 utilizing the current Detonator drivers. I
just
> > bought an ASUS FX 5600 and want to utilize the ASUS drivers, does anyone
> > know the manual method for removing the Detonator drivers or is the
simple
> > Add/Remove Programs sufficient in XP Pro? Thanks, Mike

There's a program on www.guru3d.com that claims to completly delete all
reference to nvidia drivers off your computer. I think it fixes registry
settings as well as deleting drivers. Didn't work for me however, you may
have more luck.

negative penguin
June 30th 03, 01:11 AM
No, not always. Detonators are known for leaving conflicting files behind on
occasions, if you do a google search for "detonatordestroyer" you'll find
there's a program specifically to remove leftover files.

"111" > wrote in message

> Mike C wrote:
> > Hi, I have a GF-3 Ti 200 utilizing the current Detonator drivers. I
just
> > bought an ASUS FX 5600 and want to utilize the ASUS drivers, does anyone
> > know the manual method for removing the Detonator drivers or is the
simple
> > Add/Remove Programs sufficient in XP Pro? Thanks, Mike
>
> Yes.

Mike C
June 30th 03, 01:40 AM
I have looked at that program but it does not work for XP yet, Thanks