PDA

View Full Version : eVGA ?

Larry D. Gibbs
June 29th 03, 01:11 AM
Does anyone have any comments about eVGA Cards? I am considering buying an
FX 5900 Ultra card made by them but don't know anything about their
company.l

--

Larry D. Gibbs

http://www.larrygibbs.com/
Only left handed people are in their right mind.

pete
June 29th 03, 02:14 AM
I had one of their GF2 mx400 cards awhile back and have no complaints or
problems. Matter of a fact its getting sold on Ebay right now : ) Seems like
thats all eVGA does is video stuff. That can be a good thing.

Enjoy!

Pete

"Larry D. Gibbs" > wrote in message
et...
> Does anyone have any comments about eVGA Cards? I am considering buying an
> FX 5900 Ultra card made by them but don't know anything about their
> company.l
>
> --
>
> Larry D. Gibbs
>
> http://www.larrygibbs.com/
> Only left handed people are in their right mind.

b00gjuice
June 29th 03, 02:56 AM
I just received an eVGA Geforce 5900 Ultra I got from buyxtremehardware.com.
It came in a generic box (because the regular retail boxes weren't printed
yet. It's a very nice card. It's basically the reference 5900 Ultra same as
you would get from BFG Tech if they would just ship their cards to retail.

--
<Remove <nospam> to reply by email>

-b00gjuice

"Larry D. Gibbs" > wrote in message
et...
> Does anyone have any comments about eVGA Cards? I am considering buying an
> FX 5900 Ultra card made by them but don't know anything about their
> company.l
>
> --
>
> Larry D. Gibbs
>
> http://www.larrygibbs.com/
> Only left handed people are in their right mind.

First of One
June 29th 03, 04:37 AM
All 5900 Ultra cards, for now anyways, are produced by Flextronics for
nVidia and sold to the add-in-board manufacturers for branding. They are all
the same.

The eVGA card is supposed to default to a higher-than-spec clock speed, just
like the Gainward Golden Samples and Hercules cards in the ol' days.
Factory-backed overclocking can't be bad.

--
First of One, Primary Adjunctive Grid Alpha-01
Remove "NOT" from Email Address to Reply

"Larry D. Gibbs" > wrote in message
et...
> Does anyone have any comments about eVGA Cards? I am considering buying an
> FX 5900 Ultra card made by them but don't know anything about their
> company.l

casual observer
June 29th 03, 06:24 AM
"Larry D. Gibbs" > wrote in message
et...
> Does anyone have any comments about eVGA Cards? I am considering buying an
> FX 5900 Ultra card made by them but don't know anything about their
> company.l

Excellant company with a great website and unbeatable customer service.

> --
>
> Larry D. Gibbs
>
> http://www.larrygibbs.com/
> Only left handed people are in their right mind.

Joe Pyles
June 29th 03, 06:32 AM
There is an issue with the performance bios that EVGA included in
their GeForce FX 5900 Ultra. There are intermitant lockups and pauses
in some games and the 3dmark03 CPU1 test. EVGA has stated that from
now on they will ship their 5900 with the default reference bios that
lowers the clock back to 450-850. You can then use the coolbits patch
to clock it back to 500-900. The clock speeds is not the only thing
changed in the performance bios. Here is the link to download the
Nvidia reference bios from EVGA, You must provide the serial number
from your card to download.

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/5900Ub.asp

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 03:37:15 GMT, "First of One"
> wrote:

>All 5900 Ultra cards, for now anyways, are produced by Flextronics for
>nVidia and sold to the add-in-board manufacturers for branding. They are all
>the same.
>
>The eVGA card is supposed to default to a higher-than-spec clock speed, just
>like the Gainward Golden Samples and Hercules cards in the ol' days.
>Factory-backed overclocking can't be bad.

neopolaris
June 29th 03, 06:43 PM
eVGA has probably some of the best support out there if you need it. I
consider them equal in quality to Gainward, Leadtek...
"Larry D. Gibbs" > wrote in message
et...
> Does anyone have any comments about eVGA Cards? I am considering buying an
> FX 5900 Ultra card made by them but don't know anything about their
> company.l
>
> --
>
> Larry D. Gibbs
>
> http://www.larrygibbs.com/
> Only left handed people are in their right mind.

Ron Merts
July 1st 03, 07:27 AM
Good company. I have used several of their cards and never had any
problems. Unless you are going to use a resolution higher than 1600X1200
the extra 128Mb of memory isn't going to do you any good, so you can save
yourself $100 (USD) or so by going with the 128Mb version. Either way you
should be happy with the card from eVGA.

Ron