PDA

View Full Version : Re: agp 8

pete
June 28th 03, 05:01 PM
Yes you can. Then obviously when you upgrade to a newer 8X compliant
motherboard in the future you can use the 8X features of your card at that
time.

Enjoy!
Pete

"grunt" > wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> Just a very quick and some might say silly question,
>
> l have a computer with AGP 4X capability, could l still purchase and use
one
> of the newer graphic cards that run AGP 8X, l realise l will not get the
> full performance but would it still be worth my while investing in one.
>
> Thanks for any advice
>
> Barry

John Russell
June 28th 03, 05:05 PM
"grunt" > wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> Just a very quick and some might say silly question,
>
> l have a computer with AGP 4X capability, could l still purchase and use
one
> of the newer graphic cards that run AGP 8X, l realise l will not get the
> full performance but would it still be worth my while investing in one.
>
> Thanks for any advice
>
> Barry

AGPx8 happens to be the latest standard so it's being used on the latest
cards. Most knowledgeable gamers would try to avoid using system memory via
the AGP bus, even at agpx8 speed , by having lots of fast memory on the card
itself. So don't go thinking that your wasting your new card by running at
agpx4.

grunt
June 30th 03, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the advice and taking the trouble to answer my question, l was a
little concerned about the consequences of running a agp8 on a agp 4
motherboard and l think it may be prudent to hang on and wait until l
upgrade completely.

Once again thanks to those that replied.

barry