PDA

View Full Version : cpu scaling

jorgen
June 27th 03, 03:33 PM
Do a athlon xp1700+ scale well with a geforcefx5600.
Is it some site that test cpu scaling vc videocards?

http://www.jorgens-homepage.4t.com

Derek Wildstar
June 27th 03, 04:10 PM
"jorgen" > wrote in message

> Do a athlon xp1700+ scale well with a geforcefx5600.
> Is it some site that test cpu scaling vc videocards?

The issue of system bottlenecks has been, for the most part, addressed, and
most current hardware combinations work reaosnably well together.

Therefore, though your 1700+ is behind the curve as far as state of the art,
it will not impact your 5600 negatively.

Here's a link to a dated (but appropriate) scaling article.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1650

HTH!

steven harvey
June 27th 03, 04:53 PM
I run XP2100B+ at 2400 with a GF3.The GF3 is definitely the bottleneck.I
think an XP1700+ overclocked (say 2200 to 2400 speed) would work out well

--

Steve H
Epox 8RDA+ v1.1,Vdd mod

"jorgen" > wrote in message
> Do a athlon xp1700+ scale well with a geforcefx5600.
> Is it some site that test cpu scaling vc videocards?

> http://www.jorgens-homepage.4t.com

June 27th 03, 08:03 PM
"steven harvey" > wrote in message
u...
> I run XP2100B+ at 2400 with a GF3.The GF3 is definitely the bottleneck.I
> think an XP1700+ overclocked (say 2200 to 2400 speed) would work out well

I can vouch for that, went from an XP1800 (1.53 GHz) to an XP2000 @ 2.3GHz.
No increase in frame rates whatsoever with my GF3 even at medium resolutions
(1024x768).

Dave
June 28th 03, 01:52 AM
That's right. A GF3 maxes out at about 1700+ speed. A GFX5600 will
probably max out at about the 2500+ range.
Dave