PDA

View Full Version : Re: Alternative to 9600 pro at similar or lower price?

Doug Ramage
June 27th 03, 09:06 AM
"tHatDudeUK" > wrote in
message ...
> Looking at a Sapphire 9600 pro but considering it's only got 4 pipelines
and
> is missing the vertex shaders that the 9500 pro had and is higher in
price,
> is there any decent alternative?
>
> One possibility is a cheap 64mb ti4200 but not too sure.
>
> If I was rich I'd buy a 9700 pro but I'm not :-)
>
> TIA
>
> tHatDudeUK

The 9500 (both Pro and NP) are going to be increasingly more difficult to
find, now that they have superceded by the 9600 versions.

I am going through a similar exercise at the moment - although I am
definitely going for a Radeon (I think). :)

IIRC, the cheapest I have seen a 9500 Pro is around 140 + Vat (and P&P).

Other prices (approximately):
9600 NP - 70.00 + vat
9600 Pro - 110.00 + vat
9700 NP - 155.00 + vat
9700 Pro - 180.00 + vat

I am sure these may have dropped during the past week or so.

I am leaning towards the 9700 NP, *if* the price differential is only 15.
--
Doug Ramage

Toby Groves
June 28th 03, 11:43 AM
In article >, Doug Ramage <doug-
> writes
>Other prices (approximately):
>9600 NP - 70.00 + vat
>9600 Pro - 110.00 + vat
>9700 NP - 155.00 + vat
>9700 Pro - 180.00 + vat
>
>I am sure these may have dropped during the past week or so.
>
>I am leaning towards the 9700 NP, *if* the price differential is only 15.

I had one of those until I found a 9800 barking cheap. I'd highly
recommend the 9700NP as it's not that much slower than the 9700P and
significantly cheaper.
--
Toby