PDA

View Full Version : Screen flicker

Pierre
June 27th 03, 07:00 AM
Sometimes all the green colors disappear from my screen, leaving everything
with a heavy reddish tint. I don't think it's the card, since I just
replaced the card and still have the same problem, so this post may be a
little OT. Anybody know what might cause this?
PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were
eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg

Anybody
June 27th 03, 07:06 AM
Your moniter is going??
"Pierre" > wrote in message
> Sometimes all the green colors disappear from my screen, leaving
everything
> with a heavy reddish tint. I don't think it's the card, since I just
> replaced the card and still have the same problem, so this post may be a
> little OT. Anybody know what might cause this?

> PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were
> eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg

J.Clarke
June 27th 03, 10:06 AM
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:00:40 GMT
"Pierre" > wrote:

> Sometimes all the green colors disappear from my screen, leaving
> everything with a heavy reddish tint. I don't think it's the card,
> since I just replaced the card and still have the same problem, so
> this post may be a little OT. Anybody know what might cause this?

Most likely cause is a broken wire in the video cable. To test try
flexing the cable near each end where it goes into the connector or
cabinet--if the color comes and goes then it's the cable for sure. If
it stays gone then that test doesn't tell you anything--it may still be
the cable but too far gone for flexing to make and break contact.

If the monitor has a detachable cable then replace the cable, if the
cable is permanently attached to the monitor, and you're not handy with
tools, check the prices of a new monitor because it may not cost much
more than paying somebody to fix the cable, which usually involves
cutting off the old connector and soldering on a new on, a real PITA if
you don't have the color coding for the individual wires.

> __________________________________________________ ___________________
> _______ PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q
> and R were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Strontium
June 27th 03, 11:51 AM
Either that, or the guns are misfiring.

-

--
You, probably, thought you weren't going to die, today...SURPRISE!"

-The main character in Postal 2