PDA

View Full Version : Card Recommendation for Dual Monitors

Koert
June 27th 03, 06:47 AM
Planning to add a second monitor to my system. My setup includes a P4 2.2
with an unknown brand AGP GeForce4 MX440 (Medion computer with MicroStar
mb). The existing video card will be used for my secondary monitor and the
television.

I want to add a second video card (PCI) that will connect to my Dell 19" LCD
and I'm not sure which card to buy. Should I get another MX440? Will using
the same driver make the system more stable?

The Dell monitor has both vga and digital inputs. Should I try to find a
card with dvi, or is the image difference negligible? This will be mostly
for business stuff and and Paint Shop Pro - no games.

Sure would appreciate any recommendations for the second video card.

Thanks.

Koert
June 27th 03, 07:30 AM
> I want to add a second video card (PCI) that will connect to my Dell 19"
LCD
> and I'm not sure which card to buy. Should I get another MX440? Will using
> the same driver make the system more stable?

OK, I've done some hunting and this looks like the best bet so far:
Gainward GeForce4 PowerPack! Pro/450 TV (PCI)
GeForce4 MX 44-SE PCI 64MB DDR
Video Card w/TV-Out Retail
***(Free 2nd Day)*** $82.95