PDA

View Full Version : Re: Updated FX5600

Thomas Andersson
June 25th 03, 08:51 PM
bluestringer wrote:

>> How do I distinguish a "new" 5600 from an "old" one?
>
> There is no "new" one and "old" one. There is a 5600 and a 5600 Ultra.

Incorrect, there are two different 5600 Ultra, the new one is a flipchip one
with higher core/ram speeds (refered to as v2 or 2.0), the old one used
wirebond packaging.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDc4

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1821&p=19

Look around and you'll find plenty of references to the new revised 5600
Ultra.

Best Wishes
Thomas

Roland the Gunslinger
June 26th 03, 01:15 AM
"Thomas Andersson" > wrote in message
> bluestringer wrote:
>
> >> How do I distinguish a "new" 5600 from an "old" one?
> >
> > There is no "new" one and "old" one. There is a 5600 and a 5600 Ultra.
>
> Incorrect, there are two different 5600 Ultra, the new one is a flipchip
one
> with higher core/ram speeds (refered to as v2 or 2.0), the old one used
> wirebond packaging.
>
> http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDc4
>
> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1821&p=19
>
> Look around and you'll find plenty of references to the new revised 5600
> Ultra.
>
> Best Wishes
> Thomas

Yes. that's already been established. The OP ask about the 5600, not the
Ultra.