PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor newbie

Blair
June 25th 03, 05:31 PM
I've got a Ti4200, and a Gf2 MX 200, a 19" and a 14"... is this a reasonable
setup for dual monitors in windows xp and/or linux? Will the different
physical sizes have any effect other than looking ridiculous?

--
Blair L. Bendler
RedHat Certified Engineer

Blair
June 25th 03, 08:52 PM
"neopolaris" <.> wrote in message ...
> The best multi monitor setups are those with identical monitors. Even 2
19"
> monitors from different brands will drive you nuts trying to make them
look
> the same. I did a 3 monitor setup with 3 older matching 15" monitors. It
> look good. I was running 98SE and used an AGP GF2MX w/TwinView Plus and
> PCI GF2MX400.
>
> neopolaris

Other than them not looking the same though... are there any problems with
running a setup of two different sized monitors? Basically... will I be able
to get it up and running?

-B

neopolaris
June 25th 03, 10:11 PM
"Blair" > wrote in message

> "neopolaris" <.> wrote in message
> > The best multi monitor setups are those with identical monitors. Even 2
> 19"
> > monitors from different brands will drive you nuts trying to make them
> look
> > the same. I did a 3 monitor setup with 3 older matching 15" monitors.
It
> > look good. I was running 98SE and used an AGP GF2MX w/TwinView Plus
and
> > PCI GF2MX400.
> >
> > neopolaris
>
> Other than them not looking the same though... are there any problems with
> running a setup of two different sized monitors? Basically... will I be
able
> to get it up and running?
>
> -B

I think in your case it will depend on the capabilities of the 14". In
general, yes it will work. You can have different resolutions on each
monitor. Go here for alot of good info.
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/

neopolaris

Blair
June 26th 03, 07:18 AM
"neopolaris" <.> wrote in message ...

> I think in your case it will depend on the capabilities of the 14". In
> general, yes it will work. You can have different resolutions on each
> monitor. Go here for alot of good info.
> http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/
>
> neopolaris

Thanks a lot... its working great :)