PDA

View Full Version : -> Which cards can support DVI at 1600x1200?

{X}
June 25th 03, 05:58 AM
Looking for models of video boards that can support DVI output at
1600x1200. Just need model numbers, but if you have comments on the
card, all the better.

Thanks

BigJIm
June 25th 03, 06:08 PM
most of the newer cards will but will your monitor run at 16x12.
that is the question. I have an 17in lcd and it will not run at 16x12.
best I can get is 1280 x 1024.
"{X}" > wrote in message
> Looking for models of video boards that can support DVI output at
> 1600x1200. Just need model numbers, but if you have comments on the
> card, all the better.
>
> Thanks

{X}
June 25th 03, 07:39 PM
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:08:32 GMT, "BigJIm" >
wrote:

>most of the newer cards will but will your monitor run at 16x12.
>that is the question. I have an 17in lcd and it will not run at 16x12.
>best I can get is 1280 x 1024.
>"{X}" > wrote in message
>> Looking for models of video boards that can support DVI output at
>> 1600x1200. Just need model numbers, but if you have comments on the
>> card, all the better.
>>
>> Thanks

Viewsonic VP230mb. It should run at 1600x1200. That's the res I'm
running now (analog, not DVI).

I've looked thru specs on the LeadTek site and a couple boards do say
1600x1200 DVI. Most are still 1280x1024 DVI. I was hoping to get
some idea without having to phone all the manufacturers. I'd rather
narrow down the possibilities first.

BigJIm
June 26th 03, 03:58 AM
the only thing you will get is a faster refresh rate with DVI. It will help
with games but you won't see much of a improvement in the 2d for text and
graphics.