PDA

View Full Version : Re: Is there any real notable differences between 5900 brands?

First of One
June 25th 03, 04:04 AM
All 5900 Ultra cards up until now are still produced for nVidia by
Flextronics and sold to the cardmakers like Asus, PNY, and eVGA, at least
according to this FiringSquad article:

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/evga_e-geforce_fx_5900_ultra_review/default.asp

These "reference boards" are probably the best cards with the least amount
of cost-cutting measures, but expect them to be pricey, regardless of
branding.

--
First of One, Primary Adjunctive Grid Alpha-01
Remove "NOT" from Email Address to Reply

"jpacosta" > wrote in message
om...
> I am about to purchase a 5900 Ultra card, (I doubted it at first with
> all the cheating issues and all, but in the end I still can't get the
> bad experiences with ATI drivers out of my mind).
>
> So I was wondering if there are any real notible differences between
> the PNY, Asus and other brands of 5900 cards.
>
> Should I wait for a specific brand or are all basically the same
> thing?

Ron Merts
June 26th 03, 08:17 AM
As long as they all use "reference" boards there is probably very little
difference. Some manufacturers are using slightly faster memory but for the
most part they all should perform admirably.

Ron

e.rogers.com...