PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ti4600

bocaJ
June 25th 03, 04:00 AM
I'm having an odd problem with my system that likely is related to my video
card. before I get into it, here are the sys specs:

Win2K SP 2
Asus GeForce 4 TI 4600
Asus P4t-533-c
Pentium 4 2533 (Northwood B)
1 GB of memory (ordered pc1066, but it will only run stabilly at pc 800)

anyways, today as I was installing GTA Vice City, I noticed that there were
tiny (1-10 pixel) distortions on the screen. also, when I moved a window
over them, they disapeared. when I went to play GTA, lots of textures were
messed up making it almost imposible to play. It should be noted that I
noted the distortions BEFORE I actually started intalling GTA. The most
annoying problem is that 3dsmax will not run DirectX properly.

I have already tried booting into safe mode, reinstalling the drivers and
reinstalling direct X but nothing so far has worked.

Thanks for any help.

Jacob

gemron
June 25th 03, 07:34 AM
It could be overheating.

"bocaJ" > wrote in message
[...]

June 25th 03, 08:40 AM
then:
What is the proper temp?
how can I check the temp?
"gemron" > wrote in
:

> It could be overheating.
>

> "bocaJ" > wrote in message
> I'm having an odd problem with my system that likely is related to my
> video card. before I get into it, here are the sys specs:
>
> Win2K SP 2
> Asus GeForce 4 TI 4600
> Asus P4t-533-c
> Pentium 4 2533 (Northwood B)
> 1 GB of memory (ordered pc1066, but it will only run stabilly at pc
> 800)
>
> anyways, today as I was installing GTA Vice City, I noticed that there
> were tiny (1-10 pixel) distortions on the screen. also, when I moved a
> window over them, they disapeared. when I went to play GTA, lots of
> textures were messed up making it almost imposible to play. It should
> be noted that I noted the distortions BEFORE I actually started
> intalling GTA. The most annoying problem is that 3dsmax will not run
> DirectX properly.
>
> I have already tried booting into safe mode, reinstalling the drivers
> and reinstalling direct X but nothing so far has worked.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Jacob

MiniDisc_2k2
June 25th 03, 03:58 PM
Using Win98? I had that strange problem not quite sure what happened.
Sometimes right clicking the desktop and going to refresh helped, sometimes
not. But think about it. If it were a heat related problem do you think it
would just change the appearance of the icons? No. It would change
everything (at least everything graphically intensive). Try running a 3d
game next time it happens, and see if it runs correctly.

-- MiniDisc_2k2
To reply, replace nospam.com with cox dot net

Ron Merts
June 26th 03, 08:16 AM
Overheating or bad power supply. You want at least 350Watts for that.

Ron