PDA

View Full Version : Re: GeForce 3 TI200 3.3v or 1.5v??

Strontium
June 25th 03, 03:33 AM
I called Asus directly, on this issue, as I was getting ready to slap
together a P4C800 with this card. They said it was 1.5V. Obviously, if
it's a 4x card, it should be. I just wanted to verify. This card fried 3
CMOS chips in 3 different P4C800 boards... I'm wondering if the voltage
regulation on the card is what it should be. Then, again, I am able to run
this card on a wIntel D865GBF without a hitch. That gets me to start
thinking that Asus's AGP bus interaction with CMOS is somehow more sensitive
or faulty, in some way. Statistically, it's unrealistic to think that I had
gotten 3 boards with bad CMOS chips. And, believe me, I systematically
deduced the problem down to the video card. Ironic, since I paid $280 USD
for this card 1.5yrs ago.

-

--
I'm sorry. Apparently, I'm feeling a little too psychotic this morning.

-The main character in Postal 2

Strontium
June 25th 03, 04:06 PM
The funny thing is....it's a 4x card...

And, considering that the board it's on should be running a minimum of 4x,
the issue of 2x should not even come into the picture (pun intended).
Unless you are running a board that supports 2x? If so, voltage should not
have been an issue. My reply was based on the assumption of a newer based
chipseet, that does not allow anything less than 4x (more than 1.5 Volts).
My mistake. I'm convinced that Asus does not have their **** together, on
this issue. Just my opinion.

-