PDA

View Full Version : 3dfx Voodoo 3

Newsguy
June 24th 03, 06:29 PM
My display gets lighter and darker every once in a while.

Is this a problem with my monitor, or my videocard?

Thanks, Jeff.

June 24th 03, 06:49 PM
To see if it is a driver problem switch to a generic VGA driver and run that
for a while to see if you can duplicate the malfunction.

regards

"Newsguy" > wrote in message
> My display gets lighter and darker every once in a while.
>
> Is this a problem with my monitor, or my videocard?
>
> Thanks, Jeff.

Brad
June 24th 03, 08:10 PM
Yeah, try the VGA driver, but it sounds like a CRT monitor getting ready to
choke.

"B" > wrote in message
> To see if it is a driver problem switch to a generic VGA driver and run
that
> for a while to see if you can duplicate the malfunction.
>
> regards

> "Newsguy" > wrote in message
> > My display gets lighter and darker every once in a while.
> >
> > Is this a problem with my monitor, or my videocard?
> >
> > Thanks, Jeff.

Brad
June 25th 03, 05:30 AM
Yeah, that too. Which in turn could eventually (or suddenly) damage/kill
the monitor.

"Chrome" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:10:27 -0500, "Brad" > wrote:
>
> >Yeah, try the VGA driver, but it sounds like a CRT monitor getting ready
> >choke.
>
> Sounds to me like he might be running his refresh rate higher than the
> monitor is designed for.

Ron Merts
June 26th 03, 08:07 AM
Probably the monitor. Sounds like a bad flyback transformer that's starting
to choke when it gets hot.

Ron