The fan on my GE Force 256 32Mb nVidia card is shot. Can I just get the fan
somewhere rather than buying a whole new card? Where?

Please cc: in your response (remove the b's first)

Anybody
June 24th 03, 05:28 AM
I was able to use a chipset fan on my old Geforce 64mb, with a power cable
adapter
"rayscar" > wrote in message
> The fan on my GE Force 256 32Mb nVidia card is shot. Can I just get the
fan
> somewhere rather than buying a whole new card? Where?
>
> Please cc: in your response (remove the b's first)

Biz
June 24th 03, 06:18 AM
here's a place I occasionally buy fans from.....
www.nexfan.com

also, ther eis a whole section on fans at www.pricewatch.com

--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

"rayscar" > wrote in message ...
> The fan on my GE Force 256 32Mb nVidia card is shot. Can I just get the fan
> somewhere rather than buying a whole new card? Where?
>
> Please cc: in your response (remove the b's first)

Anybody
June 24th 03, 06:19 AM
Ya I used the Crystal orb
"Brad" > wrote in message
> Maybe look for a Blue Orb or Crystal Orb -- s/b good enough I'd think, and
> they're cheap and look cool. Pin-holes might not fit, but maybe the
thermal
> tape would be good enough. Or any chipset fan in general -- basically the
> same thing.
>
> "rayscar" > wrote in message
> > The fan on my GE Force 256 32Mb nVidia card is shot. Can I just get the
> fan
> > somewhere rather than buying a whole new card? Where?
> >
> > Please cc: in your response (remove the b's first)

Brad
June 25th 03, 02:10 AM
That's a Blue Orb (affectionately know has blorb) clone. S/B fine.

"rayscar" > wrote in message
> Do you think this guy would work
> http://store.yahoo.com/nexfan03/evorbvgacaco.html ?

BigJIm
June 25th 03, 06:11 PM
any fan will work if you can get the right size. the old 256 doesn't need
that much cooling. then get power to it the best way you can.