PDA

View Full Version : Re: Geforce FX 5600 locks up my comp whenever I try to play a game.

Searchin_For_Answers
June 23rd 03, 09:37 PM
"Ryan Cossette" > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> As soon as I got my Geforce FX to run in agp mode instead of pci mode, now
> it just freezes my computer when ever I try to play any games. Doesn't
> matter which game I play or what settings I use. I have a kt333 dragon ultra
> platiunum motherboard, about 1.4 gigs of ram, a phenoix bios. And I have the
> newest drivers for my card, and the newest chipset drivers for my
> motherboard. I'm totally lost as to what could be making this happen. please
> help.
>
> Ryan

Were you ever able to figure out what made your system lock up? I
just bought a FX5600 card and now I'm thinking your problem may become
mine. The first one they sent me had bad memory on the card so I only
registered 128MB of video ram.

Thanks

June 24th 03, 06:41 PM
Sounds like a possible power problem. Wat is the rating of your power
supply. FX cards need more power. Many FX card manufacturers recommend 350
watts minimum.

regards

"Searchin_For_Answers" > wrote in message
om...
> "Ryan Cossette" > wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > As soon as I got my Geforce FX to run in agp mode instead of pci mode,
now
> > it just freezes my computer when ever I try to play any games. Doesn't
> > matter which game I play or what settings I use. I have a kt333 dragon
ultra
> > platiunum motherboard, about 1.4 gigs of ram, a phenoix bios. And I have
the
> > newest drivers for my card, and the newest chipset drivers for my
> > motherboard. I'm totally lost as to what could be making this happen.
please
> > help.
> >
> > Ryan
>
> Were you ever able to figure out what made your system lock up? I
> just bought a FX5600 card and now I'm thinking your problem may become
> mine. The first one they sent me had bad memory on the card so I only
> registered 128MB of video ram.
>
> Thanks

Ron Merts
June 26th 03, 07:55 AM
Sounds likely. Any GeForce FX should have at LEAST a 350 Watt power supply,
400+ would be better.

Ron