PDA

View Full Version : GF4 ti4200 8x 128mb vs 64mb 8x

AC
June 23rd 03, 02:03 PM
The vga charts on http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/index.html
show that the 64mb version outperforms the 128mb, so is there any point in
buying the 128mb version? The pc spec I'm buying for is a 1.2GHz Duron
with 196mb sdr ram and an agp 4x mobo (currenly has gf2 mx 400 64mb).

And will the gf4 ti4200 8x work in a 4x motherboard?

TiA,
AC

Anybody
June 24th 03, 05:31 AM
<And will the gf4 ti4200 8x work in a 4x motherboard>

yup

Chris
June 24th 03, 04:27 PM
AC wrote:
> The vga charts on http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/index.html
> show that the 64mb version outperforms the 128mb, so is there any point in
> buying the 128mb version?

Nope. 128mb is only of use at high resolutions (ie 1600x1200) with high
levels of detail in certain games. However, your duron wouldn't be able
to cope at this level either, so all-in-all a waste of money with your
current spec. and most specs for that matter.

Alx
June 24th 03, 04:36 PM
not really for all GF4 Ti 4200.
indeed, some cards runs fasters, depending speed of memory.

so, you can have some 128 Mo cards ( leadtek ) that runs as fast as 64 Mo
cards.

.... and remember that much memory is better for next games !

( and yes, it can runs at 4X AGP speed )

regards.

Alx