PDA

View Full Version : Re: Geforce 4400 ti misdetected as Quadro under XP

Martin
June 22nd 03, 05:12 PM
Rivan wrote:
> I have a Geforce 4400 Ti plugged into my machine, however WindowsXP
is
> incorrectly identifing this card as a Quadro4 750 XGL. I think this
> is due to me running some tweak ages ago, suggested to me by a
> friend, however reversing this change doesn't appear to be as easy.
>
> I have tried uninstalling the card, removing the card, even swapping
> the card for my housemates GF4, however windows still autodetects a
> Quadro4 750 XGL. I've tried forcing a driver update to GF4 drivers,
> which works to a point- in that the card is now labelled as a GF4 in
> the Device Manager, but the chipset is still identified as a Quadro,
> and when I put the newer drivers on, it reverts back to a Quadro in
> Device Manager.
>
> In short, how can I get windows to see my GF4 correctly?

Have you tried running detonator destroyer?

Martin

> ---
>
> Sidenote: I'd leave it as it is, but I was reinstalling Diablo2, and
> it couldn't detect any Video Modes, or initialise Direct Draw (this
> is what got me fiddling). DX-diagnostic program also shows that
> Directdraw Acceleration is unavailable, not sure why really.
>
> ---
>
> thanks in advance for any help, guys.

Kadaitcha Man
June 23rd 03, 09:37 AM
Rivan wrote:
> I have a Geforce 4400 Ti plugged into my machine, however WindowsXP is
> incorrectly identifing this card as a Quadro4 750 XGL. I think this
> is due to me running some tweak ages ago, suggested to me by a
> friend, however reversing this change doesn't appear to be as easy.
>
> I have tried uninstalling the card, removing the card, even swapping
> the card for my housemates GF4, however windows still autodetects a
> Quadro4 750 XGL. I've tried forcing a driver update to GF4 drivers,
> which works to a point- in that the card is now labelled as a GF4 in
> the Device Manager, but the chipset is still identified as a Quadro,
> and when I put the newer drivers on, it reverts back to a Quadro in
> Device Manager.
>
> In short, how can I get windows to see my GF4 correctly?

I did a quick browse around on google. The general fix for XP not correctly
identifying your hardware is to contact the mfr.

--
Kadaitcha Man: Usenet Anarchist - http://kadaitcha.kicks-ass.org:83/
Anarchy is having to put up with things that **** you off.

Kadaitcha Man: Moderator, 24hoursupport.helpdesk