PDA

View Full Version : Re: Who has 3d glasses working?

Robert
June 22nd 03, 05:11 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:14:19 +0000 (UTC), "Baron Von Black"
> wrote:
I have
nec 97F
gforce4 4400TI 128 meg with 44.03
I run everything at [email protected]
I've experimented with alot of drivers with mixed results. Not all
games will work with stereo.
I can't even get splinter cell to start up with the stereo drivers
installed. Had to uninstll them until I finish the game.
Other games like bf1942 work very well.
I had troubles with forgotten battles too, but if I turned on the
stereo after the mission had started, everything was ok.
>Mike what other info do you exactly require? plus, what probs do you have.
>
>To get the ball rolling I have the following
>
>Iiyama vision master pro 17"
>Nvida Gforce 4 4400Ti 128Mb with Nvidia 43.45 drivers
>
>800 x 600 @ 144Hz
>or
>1024 x 768 @ 100Hz
>
>All running under windows XP home SP1a
>
>Games tested with excellent results
>
>MOHAA + Spearhead addon
>IL2 Sturmovik (original)
>Return to castle wolfenstein
>GP4 (crammon)
>Flight sim 2000
>Flashpoint & ALL addon packs
>Max Payne
>Alien vs Predator 1 & 2
>
>Game I have had probs with
>
>IL2 Sturmovik forgotten battles (screen corrution & distorted graphics)
>possibly driver prob????
>

>"John Smith" > wrote in message
>> Are these the ones that allow you to see naked women walking down the
>> street? ;-)
>>

>> "Mike Urig" > wrote in message
>> > I've got the Edimensional glasses and would like to know from people
>> > who have them working, what set-up do you have, hardware wise?
>> >
>> > Monitor =
>> > video card =
>> > resolution =
>> > refresh rate =
>> >
>> > anyother settings you can think of or tips.
>> > MOHAA and Spearhead work fine for me but FS2002 pro sometimes has a
>> > problem. I have a Gforce 3 Ti 200 card and a monitor that goes up to a
>> > refresh rate of 85mhz.
>> >
>> > thanks

June 22nd 03, 07:14 PM
In article >,
says...
> I run everything at [email protected]

Ok, this is a nitpick, but just for the sake of correctness, it would
100Hz, not MHz.

The vertical refresh is between 60-120Hz and the horizontal refresh is
usually in the kHz.

Thanks,
TR.

Robert
June 22nd 03, 09:47 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:14:20 -0500, > wrote:
you are right ofcourse. my mistake.
also disregard the problems with splinter cell, once I set the
resolution to 1024 everything was fine. I was running at 1600x1200
and i must have had a refresh rate issue.
Beautiful looking game. Best graphics I've seen
>In article >,
>says...
>> I run everything at [email protected]
>
>Ok, this is a nitpick, but just for the sake of correctness, it would
>100Hz, not MHz.
>
>The vertical refresh is between 60-120Hz and the horizontal refresh is
>usually in the kHz.
>
>Thanks,
>TR.

Tech Support
June 23rd 03, 12:26 AM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:47:12 GMT, Robert > wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:14:20 -0500, > wrote:
>you are right ofcourse. my mistake.
>also disregard the problems with splinter cell, once I set the
>resolution to 1024 everything was fine. I was running at 1600x1200
>and i must have had a refresh rate issue.

Wow. You should never run at that high a res with 3D glasses. The
screen is displaying two images for 3D to work so the vid card is
doing twice as much work as normal. If you want a decent framerate I
found 800x600 was optimal when using 3D glasses for most games, but
that depends on how demanding the game is too of course and which
video card you have.

Robert
June 23rd 03, 12:56 AM
sorry no, not 1600x1220 in stereo mode, just in regular mode