PDA

View Full Version : Re: Recommended motherboard.


Morgan Sales
June 22nd 03, 04:32 PM
Folk wrote:

> I'm not the one building a system around a video card.

No you're the sad git with nothing better to do than make cocky replies to a
perfectly civil question.

Also, did I say that I was building a system around a video card? No.
Although as it's going to be a gaming system the video card is gonna play a
big part in my choice of M/B. You may not have noticed but this is a *video
card* related newsgroup populated be people with experience of building PCs
geared towards gaming.

> "Hey, I've this nifty new heatsink. Can anyone recommend a good
> processor to put under it?"

Bad analogy, for obvius reasons.

--
Morgan.
----
* Brodie, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?

Mail:
Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

Biz
June 24th 03, 01:32 AM
What cpu do you want to run, do you need firewire and/or USB 2.0? You really need to list some
criteria besides using a Radeon 9800 Pro in, as just about any AGP 8x mobo will work fine.
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash


"Morgan Sales" > wrote in message
...
> Can anyone reccomend a good motherboard to use with a Radeon 9800 PRO?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Morgan.
> ----
> * "I'll tell you one thing. If the primates we came from had known that one
> day politicians would come out of the gene pool, they'd have stayed up in
> the trees and written off evolution as a bad idea.
>
> Mail:
> Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
>
>
>

Morgan Sales
June 24th 03, 10:53 AM
Biz wrote:
> What cpu do you want to run, do you need firewire and/or USB 2.0?
> You really need to list some criteria besides using a Radeon 9800 Pro
> in, as just about any AGP 8x mobo will work fine.

Well at the time of my original post I was really just trying to get some
general feedback, mainly to avoid and incompatibilities I knew I was going
for a Radeon 9800 (due to a cople of reviews I'd read), and I was pretty
sure that I was going for an AthlonXP based system. My basic problem was
that I've been incredibly busy for the past year and have got behind with
the latest technology.

I've had to hurry slightly getting my kit due to the fact that I've got a
buyer for my current system and I can't be without a PC. But I've opted for
a NForce based M/B with a XP3000+ with a couple of sticks of PC3200 DDR, and
two 80GB Seagate barracudas.

Thanks for all the replys people.

--
Morgan.
----
* An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his
fools. :- Ernest Hemingway

Mail:
Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

Folk
June 24th 03, 05:02 PM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:32:49 GMT, "Biz" >
wrote:

>What cpu do you want to run, do you need firewire and/or USB 2.0? You really need to list some
>criteria besides using a Radeon 9800 Pro in, as just about any AGP 8x mobo will work fine.

>Biz

Good luck trying to get that point across.


>"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
>alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
>the....." - Ash
>
>
>"Morgan Sales" > wrote in message
...
>> Can anyone reccomend a good motherboard to use with a Radeon 9800 PRO?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Morgan.
>> ----
>> * "I'll tell you one thing. If the primates we came from had known that one
>> day politicians would come out of the gene pool, they'd have stayed up in
>> the trees and written off evolution as a bad idea.
>>
>> Mail:
>> Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
>>
>>
>>
>

Morgan Sales
June 24th 03, 05:39 PM
Folk wrote:

> Good luck trying to get that point across.

Well *your* point was incorrect, as I have pointed out with supportive
evidence(that you ignored)

Also, did you notice the completely different tone to his post though.
Firstly he didn't open with an insult. Secondly he said that the post
wasn't much use and gave *specific reasons* why he thought it. Which I
consider reasonable. I have replied with my reasoning for phrasing the
question they way I did, which I also consider reasonable. The bottom line
is that Biz cam across as a person who'd be willing to help out if he had
more info. You just come across as one of the standard Usenet "look at me
I'm great" brigade. At no point did you ever actually back up anything that
you said with any valid points, you just mouthed off. Word to the wise.
Think before you post a smart reply, and never try to portray that you have
knowledge that you don't actually possess.

--
Morgan.
----
* Oh my god, he got the precious cable TV cable.

Mail:
Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

Morgan Sales
June 24th 03, 08:20 PM
Biz wrote:
> Actually folks 1st reply was right on the money,

Not really, see other posts for details, I've given examples that flatly
contradict the assumption.

> but probably worded
> poorly. Morgan, u actually instigated the whole ****ing contest.
> You could have taken FOlk's original post in a completely inocuous
> manner, but chose to treat is an attack instead...I said the EXACT
> same thing he said in my post, without referring to it as a silly
> question which seemed to set you off.

No, you said *just about* any AGP 8x mobo will work fine. Where as Folk said
that *any* modern M/B would work fine. This simply isn't the case. Due to
your more polite posting (and the fact that you didn't say *all* M/Bs) I
didn't see any need to go on about hardware incompatibilities and the like.
Anyone with experience of computer hardware knows that it's a good idea to
do a bit of research before spending money. The hardware market is so
diverse that there will always be models that will not run stably with every
piece of hardware. Graphics card/Motherboard incompatibility is one of the
most common H/W conflicts in my experience.

As for taking Folk's original post in a completely innocuous manner. If you
read my first reply to him then you'll see that I simply pointed out
(reasonably politely)that it's not a "silly question" and gave a couple of
reasons why. *He* then came back with an even less cordial reply. I think
that some people just can't stand to be told that they're wrong.

--
Morgan.
----
* It's too bad she wont live, But then again who does.

Mail:
Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

Strontium
June 25th 03, 12:44 AM
-
John Lynch, Jr. stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

> "Morgan Sales" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Can anyone reccomend a good motherboard to use with a Radeon 9800
>> PRO?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Morgan.
>> ----
>> * "I'll tell you one thing. If the primates we came from had known
>> that one day politicians would come out of the gene pool, they'd
>> have stayed up in the trees and written off evolution as a bad idea.
>>
>> Mail:
>> Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
>>
>>
>>
>
> MaximumPC magazine his month has a very deatailed, inforamtive review
> of the new "Canterwood" Intel mobo. Think it's gonna be the mobo in
> my next PC.

Unless you have the need for Gigabit LAN, save yourself about $100 and get
the Prescott board (865G/PE). Unless, of course, you've got money to burn.
Then, forget that I mentioned it :)


--
I'm sorry. Apparently, I'm feeling a little too psychotic this morning.

-The main character in Postal 2

Biz
June 25th 03, 04:36 AM
"Morgan Sales" > wrote in message
...
> Biz wrote:
> > Actually folks 1st reply was right on the money,
>
> Not really, see other posts for details, I've given examples that flatly
> contradict the assumption.
>
> > but probably worded
> > poorly. Morgan, u actually instigated the whole ****ing contest.
> > You could have taken FOlk's original post in a completely inocuous
> > manner, but chose to treat is an attack instead...I said the EXACT
> > same thing he said in my post, without referring to it as a silly
> > question which seemed to set you off.
>
> No, you said *just about* any AGP 8x mobo will work fine. Where as Folk said
> that *any* modern M/B would work fine. This simply isn't the case. Due to
> your more polite posting (and the fact that you didn't say *all* M/Bs) I
> didn't see any need to go on about hardware incompatibilities and the like.
> Anyone with experience of computer hardware knows that it's a good idea to
> do a bit of research before spending money. The hardware market is so
> diverse that there will always be models that will not run stably with every
> piece of hardware. Graphics card/Motherboard incompatibility is one of the
> most common H/W conflicts in my experience.
>
> As for taking Folk's original post in a completely innocuous manner. If you
> read my first reply to him then you'll see that I simply pointed out
> (reasonably politely)that it's not a "silly question" and gave a couple of
> reasons why. *He* then came back with an even less cordial reply.

>I think
> that some people just can't stand to be told that they're wrong.
>

You're right, you obviously can't be told you're wrong...
Wecome to my killfile......

*PLONK*

Folk
June 25th 03, 05:43 PM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:20:26 +0100, "Morgan Sales"
> wrote:

> I think
>that some people just can't stand to be told that they're wrong.

No ****.

Morgan Sales
June 25th 03, 11:13 PM
Folk wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:20:26 +0100, "Morgan Sales"
> > wrote:
>
>> I think
>> that some people just can't stand to be told that they're wrong.
>
> No ****.

Next time, try to back up your *opinions* with a bit of fact.

--
Morgan.
----
* A bottle of vodka is also a necessity!!!

Mail:
Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

Strontium
June 26th 03, 05:55 AM
-
The Laughing Gnome stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:09:47 +0100, "Morgan Sales"
> > wrote:
>
>
>> Why is it that newsgroups are always filled with fools with nothing
>> betterto do than post "clever" replies.
>
>
> One could say the same thing about someone posting questions about
> motherboards and ATI video cards in a Nvidia newsgroup. Actually, the
> word moron seems more appropriate.


'an' seems like an appropriate word, too. Laugh it up, smartass. Lemme
guess...15yrs old? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I must be on crack.



--
You, probably, thought you weren't going to die, today...SURPRISE!"

-The main character in Postal 2

Strontium
June 26th 03, 05:56 AM
First of all, mr. 15yr old, read the data sheets. Then, make your smartass
comments.

Fool.


-
The Laughing Gnome stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:44:55 -0500, "Strontium" >
> wrote:
>
>
>> Unless you have the need for Gigabit LAN, save yourself about $100
>> and get the Prescott board (865G/PE). Unless, of course, you've got
>> money to burn. Then, forget that I mentioned it :)
>
> Prescott? Prescott is intels next cpu, the 865 chipset is called
> Springdale.

--
You, probably, thought you weren't going to die, today...SURPRISE!"

-The main character in Postal 2

Strontium
June 26th 03, 05:58 AM
PS - you left out the 'P'. The springdale is 865P. 865G, which I made sure
to name, is the Prescott. You sure spout off, without even reading, don't
you?

What a dumbass.


-
Strontium stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

> First of all, mr. 15yr old, read the data sheets. Then, make your
> smartass comments.
>
> Fool.
>
>
> -
> The Laughing Gnome stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
>
>> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:44:55 -0500, "Strontium" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Unless you have the need for Gigabit LAN, save yourself about $100
>>> and get the Prescott board (865G/PE). Unless, of course, you've got
>>> money to burn. Then, forget that I mentioned it :)
>>
>> Prescott? Prescott is intels next cpu, the 865 chipset is called
>> Springdale.

--
You, probably, thought you weren't going to die, today...SURPRISE!"

-The main character in Postal 2

Strontium
June 26th 03, 06:13 AM
Some reading, for you, and the rest of the crew (I don't see the term
'Springdale', in there, do you?) HaHAHaHAHa...blah! Try doing your
homework, first, dude. Springdale is 'old school'. Wake up.

The Intel® 865G chipset is designed for use in a desktop system based on an
Intel® Pentium® 4

processor or the processor code named Prescott and supports FSB frequencies
of 400 MHz,

533 MHz, and 800 MHz. The 865G chipset contains two main components:
Graphics and Memory

Controller Hub (GMCH) for the host bridge and I/O Controller Hub for the I/O
subsystem. The

865G chipset uses either the 82801EB ICH5 or 82801ER ICH5R for the I/O
Controller Hub. This

document is the datasheet for the 82865G Graphics and Memory Controller Hub
(GMCH)

component.

The Intel® 865G chipset platform supports the following processors:

• Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with 512-KB L2 Cache on 0.13 micron process in
the 478-pin

package.

• Processor coded named Prescott. The processor code named Prescott returns
a processor

signature of 00000F3xh when the CPUID instruction is executed with EAX=1.

Note: Unless otherwise specified, the term processor in this document refers
to the Intel® Pentium® 4

processor with 512-KB L2 cache on 0.13 micron process in the 478-pin package
and processor

coded named Prescott.

Note: Unless otherwise specified, the term ICH5 in this document refers to
both the 82801EB ICH5 and

82801ER ICH5R.


-
Strontium stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

> PS - you left out the 'P'. The springdale is 865P. 865G, which I
> made sure to name, is the Prescott. You sure spout off, without even
> reading, don't you?
>
> What a dumbass.
>
>
> -
> Strontium stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
>
>> First of all, mr. 15yr old, read the data sheets. Then, make your
>> smartass comments.
>>
>> Fool.
>>
>>
>> -
>> The Laughing Gnome stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
>>
>>> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:44:55 -0500, "Strontium" >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> Unless you have the need for Gigabit LAN, save yourself about $100
>>>> and get the Prescott board (865G/PE). Unless, of course, you've
>>>> got money to burn. Then, forget that I mentioned it :)
>>>
>>> Prescott? Prescott is intels next cpu, the 865 chipset is called
>>> Springdale.

--
You, probably, thought you weren't going to die, today...SURPRISE!"

-The main character in Postal 2

Morgan Sales
June 26th 03, 08:08 AM
The Laughing Gnome wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:09:47 +0100, "Morgan Sales"
> > wrote:
>
>
>> Why is it that newsgroups are always filled with fools with nothing
>> betterto do than post "clever" replies.
>
>
> One could say the same thing about someone posting questions about
> motherboards and ATI video cards in a Nvidia newsgroup. Actually, the
> word moron seems more appropriate.

Well lets see shall we, I've been reading, and occasionally posting here for
about two years, in that time I've seen plenty of none NVIDIA related posts.
This group has long since ceased to be an exclusively NVIDIA group. Ok so
there may still be a strong NVIDIA content, but the group has become far
more of a general graphics discussion group. A quick scan through the
existing threads proves that fact.

--
Morgan.
----
* No boom today, boom tomorrow, there're always a boom tomorrow.

Mail:
Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

Morgan Sales
June 26th 03, 08:10 AM
The Laughing Gnome wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:13:36 +0100, "Morgan Sales"
> > wrote:
>
>
>> Next time, try to back up your *opinions* with a bit of fact.
>
> Next time, post in the appropriate newsgroup.

This is appropriate, see my other reply to you.

--
Morgan.
----
* Can't talk. Eating.

Mail:
Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

J.Clarke
June 26th 03, 11:00 AM
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:13:39 -0500
"Strontium" > wrote:

> Some reading, for you, and the rest of the crew (I don't see the term
> 'Springdale', in there, do you?)

In where?

> HaHAHaHAHa...blah! Try doing your
> homework, first, dude. Springdale is 'old school'.

Old school? According to Intel
<http://www.intel.com/ca/pressroom/2003/0521.htm> it went to market just
over a month ago. Perhaps to you that makes it "old school" but most of
us think that that makes it fairly new.

> Wake up.
>=20
> The Intel=AE 865G chipset is designed for use in a desktop system based
> on an Intel=AE Pentium=AE 4
>=20
> processor or the processor code named Prescott and supports FSB
> frequencies of 400 MHz,

Now let's see. It is your contention that the 865G chipset is Prescott,
and that the 865G chipset supports the processor code-named Prescott.=20

So which is it, a chipset or a processor?

> 533 MHz, and 800 MHz. The 865G chipset contains two main components:
> Graphics and Memory
>=20
> Controller Hub (GMCH) for the host bridge and I/O Controller Hub for
> the I/O subsystem. The
>=20
> 865G chipset uses either the 82801EB ICH5 or 82801ER ICH5R for the I/O
> Controller Hub. This
>=20
> document is the datasheet for the 82865G Graphics and Memory
> Controller Hub(GMCH)
>=20
> component.
>=20
> The Intel=AE 865G chipset platform supports the following processors:
>=20
> =95 Intel=AE Pentium=AE 4 processor with 512-KB L2 Cache on 0.13 micron
> process in the 478-pin
>=20
> package.
>=20
> =95 Processor coded named Prescott. The processor code named Prescott
> returns a processor
>=20
> signature of 00000F3xh when the CPUID instruction is executed with
> EAX=3D1.
>=20
> Note: Unless otherwise specified, the term processor in this document
> refers to the Intel=AE Pentium=AE 4
>=20
> processor with 512-KB L2 cache on 0.13 micron process in the 478-pin
> package and processor
>=20
> coded named Prescott.
>=20
> Note: Unless otherwise specified, the term ICH5 in this document
> refers to both the 82801EB ICH5 and
>=20
> 82801ER ICH5R.
>=20
>=20
> -
> Strontium stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
>=20
> > PS - you left out the 'P'. The springdale is 865P. 865G, which I
> > made sure to name, is the Prescott. You sure spout off, without
> > even reading, don't you?
> >
> > What a dumbass.
> >
> >
> > -
> > Strontium stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
> >
> >> First of all, mr. 15yr old, read the data sheets. Then, make your
> >> smartass comments.
> >>
> >> Fool.
> >>
> >>
> >> -
> >> The Laughing Gnome stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
> >>
> >>> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:44:55 -0500, "Strontium"
> >>> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>> Unless you have the need for Gigabit LAN, save yourself about
> >$100>>> and get the Prescott board (865G/PE). Unless, of course,
> >you've>>> got money to burn. Then, forget that I mentioned it :)
> >>>
> >>> Prescott? Prescott is intels next cpu, the 865 chipset is called
> >>> Springdale.
>=20
> --
> You, probably, thought you weren't going to die, today...SURPRISE!"
>=20
> -The main character in Postal 2
>=20
>=20


--=20
--=20
--John
Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

J.Clarke
June 26th 03, 03:29 PM
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:43:51 -0700
The Laughing Gnome > wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:56:19 -0500, "Strontium" >
> wrote:
>=20
> >First of all, mr. 15yr old, read the data sheets. Then, make your
> >smartass comments.
> >
> >Fool.
>=20
> Improved architecture for Prescott includes better pre-fetcher branch
> prediction, advanced power management, improvements to hyperthreading
> technology, the PNI above, La Grande support, better imul latency and
> additional WC buffers.
>=20
> As to that future, Intel said its will launch a chipset code-named
> Springdale later in the second quarter incorporating its Intel 875P
> chipset along with integrated graphics.

From <http://www.intel.com/ca/pressroom/2003/0521.htm>, "May 21, 2003 .
... Also launched today were the Intel=AE 865G and 865PE chipsets, formerly
code-named Springdale . . ."

From <http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20030414comp.htm>,
" the Intel 875P chipset, formerly codenamed Canterwood, "

> The 875P has dual channel
> DDR400 memory support, a fast 800 MHz system bus, AGP8X and internal
> support for Serial ATA/RAID. Intel said the chipset will also have a
> new architecture designed to increase Gigabit Ethernet networking
> performance and Intel Stable Driver Technology. The company said
> Springdale is designed to work with its next-generation processor for
> performance desktop PCs, code-named Prescott.=20
>=20
> <shrug>
> --

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa



--=20
--=20
--John
Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

J.Clarke
June 26th 03, 11:56 PM
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:28:31 -0500
"Strontium" > wrote:

> OK - First of all, I realize what I pasted. As for the links that
> you pasted, that is secondhand information. Until I see it, from
> Intel's mouth (figuratively), it doesn't mean squat to me.=20

The links that I pasted say the same thing and they go to the Intel
site.

> Now, I
> know that I am not completely out of my mind. I was reading Intel's
> sheets, at the developer site....I had a page, right in front of me
> that said: Chipset: 865G Codename: Prescott. I cannot, however,
> find that page again. So, I am either misremembering or not drunk
> enough today..yet.

Always a possibility.

> Either that, or my eyes were really ****ing with me, that day!
>=20
> I would really like it if 'anyone' could get some reference from
> Intel's site on what the actual codename for this chipset is. I'm,
> still, not convinced that it's 'Springdale'. If I can just see it,
> with Intel as the scource, I will shut up!

Just go to the Intel site and plug "springdale 865" into the search box
and you'll find it.
=20
> Geez, I can't even believe I got all worked up over a damned codename.
> I'm sticking to beer, for a while.

Tried Arrogant *******? If not, do so.

> -
> The Laughing Gnome stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
>=20
> > On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:58:45 -0500, "Strontium" >
> > wrote:
> >=20
> >> PS - you left out the 'P'. The springdale is 865P. 865G, which I
> >> made sure to name, is the Prescott. You sure spout off, without
> >> even reading, don't you?
> >=20
> > http://www.geekstreet.ca/print.php?sid=3D1619
> > Also launched today were the Intel(R) 865G and 865PE chipsets,
> > formerly code-named Springdale
> >=20
> >> What a dumbass.
> >=20
> > You were saying?
> >=20
> > Need more proof?
> >=20
> > http://www.msicomputer.com/product/chipset.asp?chipset=3Dintel_865
> > 865P Neo
> > Optimized Intel 865P Performance Solution
> > =E2=80=A2 Supports Socket 478 for Intel=C2=AE Pentium 4 Processors
> > =E2=80=A2 Intel=C2=AE Springdale 865P Chipset
> > =E2=80=A2 Support FSB 800*/533/400 MHz Intel NetBurst Micro-Architecture
> > Bus=E2=80=A2 Support Dual Channel DDR 400*/333/266 Memory
> > =E2=80=A2 Support two 184-pin DDR DIMM sockets up to 2GB
> > =E2=80=A2 6 PCI, 8X AGP, USB 2.0, 6 Channel Audio
> >=20
> >=20
> > Gee, dumbass, huh?
>=20
> Hey, sue me, I drank wine instead of beer last night.

Geez, that's the problem. Single malt Scotch me laddie.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> You, probably, thought you weren't going to die, today...SURPRISE!"
>=20
> -The main character in Postal 2
>=20


--=20
--=20
--John
Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Strontium
June 27th 03, 11:49 AM
You notice how this other poster was very willing to participate in a very
OT version of this thread, right? Take, from that, what you will. I'm sure
that I don't have to tell you how two-faced/hypocritical, some people can
be. IMO, given the current state of ATI and/or nVidia's lines, I think the
two groups should be merged. When I slap my 9700 into my box, I'm not going
to 'magically' not subscribe to this group. It's relevant, for many
reasons, to read about/discuss the 'other' vendor.

-
Morgan Sales stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

> The Laughing Gnome wrote:
>
>> BS. Don't you think the ATI group would be a better place to post
>> your question? You know, a place where people actually own ATI video
>> cards
>> and will know what mb's work best with them.
>
> You have apoint that an ATI group would have probably got me more
> replys, but I used this group for two reasons. 1) I'm already
> subscribed to it. 2) I know that there are some people in here who
> know their stuff. I've seen plenty of none-NVIDIA stuff posted here
> in the past, and I've seen some good replies.
>
> I look at it like this: If someoen can help, and is kind enough to
> take the time to reply then great. If they can't help, or dont have
> the time to do so, then fair enough, they can just ignore the post.
>
>> I also suggest the forum
>> at www.rage3d.com for a good source of info to your question.
>
> cheers.

--
You, probably, thought you weren't going to die, today...SURPRISE!"

-The main character in Postal 2

Dastardly Dan
June 27th 03, 05:08 PM
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:49:12 +0000, Strontium wrote:

> You notice how this other poster was very willing to participate in a very
> OT version of this thread, right? Take, from that, what you will. I'm sure
> that I don't have to tell you how two-faced/hypocritical, some people can
> be. IMO, given the current state of ATI and/or nVidia's lines, I think the
> two groups should be merged. When I slap my 9700 into my box, I'm not going
> to 'magically' not subscribe to this group. It's relevant, for many
> reasons, to read about/discuss the 'other' vendor.
>

Kids these days. No clue about netiquette.

Dastardly Dan
June 27th 03, 05:10 PM
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:28:31 +0000, Strontium wrote:

> OK - First of all, I realize what I pasted. As for the links that you
> pasted, that is secondhand information. Until I see it, from Intel's
> mouth (figuratively), it doesn't mean squat to me. Now, I know that I am
> not completely out of my mind. I was reading Intel's sheets, at the
> developer site....I had a page, right in front of me that said: Chipset:
> 865G Codename: Prescott.

That's because it doesn't exist. Dumbass.

Dastardly Dan
June 27th 03, 05:15 PM
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:52:47 +0000, J.Clarke wrote:


> The words above are cut and pasted from the Intel site. If they are
> incorrect then complain to Intel, not to me.

I know the codenames asshole. What I am saying that you are not getting is that
875 and 865 is the same thing pretty much.