PDA

View Full Version : Unstable memory in Dual channel

David
October 17th 04, 06:56 PM
I've just installed some Kingston 2x512mb 400DDR memory on my new GA-7N400
PRO. The problem is that the system locks when I put them in Dual Channel
slots (1&3) but works fine in 1&2.

Have I missed something in the BIOS? I can't see anything and the memory is
compatible with the mobo.

Thanks

David

Zac
October 26th 04, 07:16 PM
Have you checked the timing on the bios is set to what the mem can
support? Aggressive timing might work in single channel and not dual
mode.

Also, you might want to raise the memory voltage to +1 or +2 and see
if that helps.

Finally, i'd run memtestx86 in dual and single mode and see if you get
errors - could always bee a bad chip.